Saddle blisters

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Anonymous, Feb 24, 2003.

  1. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    What about blisters in the saddle regions? I think I got mine due to riding to work wearing jeans -
    it's in my perineum region. I'm putting some Gold Bond ointment on it. It's quite annoying. Any
    ideas? thx

    Tags:

  2. Edward Dike

    Edward Dike Guest

    news:[email protected]...
    | What about blisters in the saddle regions? I think I got mine due to riding to work wearing jeans
    | - it's in my perineum region. I'm putting some Gold Bond ointment on it. It's quite annoying. Any
    | ideas? thx

    Zinc Oxide Ointment Padded cycling shorts/tights

    ED3

  3. >It's quite annoying. Any ideas? thx

    Padded cycling shorts! Under the outerwear if needed. In the meantime, tend to those blisters so
    they don't get infected.

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  4. Ron Hardin

    Ron Hardin Guest

    wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:

    > >It's quite annoying. Any ideas? thx
    >
    > Padded cycling shorts! Under the outerwear if needed. In the meantime, tend to those blisters so
    > they don't get infected.
    >
    > Cheers, helen s
    >
    > ~~~~~~~~~~
    > Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending a reply!
    >
    > Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the keyboaRRRDdd
    > ~~~~~~~~~~

    Imus reported one day having saddle sores from real saddles, and taking up wearing maxipads until
    they subsided. The point of the story though was that he later just left the maxipads on the floor,
    where the maid would find them, and he caught hell from his wife, who asked who the maid was going
    to think left them there. Appearances are everything.
    --
    Ron Hardin [email protected]

  5. David

    David Guest

    What kind of riding do you do?

    You may want to consider changing your bicycle saddle to a ''hornless'' one like the Ergo SEAT. (
    http://www.ergotheseat.com ). My wife and I have this saddle on our bikes and we've never gotten
    saddle sore since the change. I will not ride a bicycle with a standard ''horned'' saddle again.

    Just an idea.

    David. http://www.virtualsky.net/cycling

    "Edward Dike, III" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > | What about blisters in the saddle regions? I think I got mine due to riding to work wearing
    > | jeans - it's in my perineum region. I'm putting some Gold Bond ointment on it. It's quite
    > | annoying. Any ideas? thx
    > |

    > Zinc Oxide Ointment Padded cycling shorts/tights
    >
    > ED3

  6. Smokey

    Smokey Guest

    > What about blisters in the saddle regions? I think I got mine due to riding to work wearing jeans
    > - it's in my perineum region. I'm putting some Gold Bond ointment on it. It's quite annoying. Any
    > ideas? thx

    i use udder balm. it's cheap, available, and really does the job. you might want to invest in
    some padded underwear that several of the clothing companies sell. smokey

  7. Terry Morse

    Terry Morse Guest

    David wrote:

    > You may want to consider changing your bicycle saddle to a ''hornless'' one like the Ergo SEAT. (
    > http://www.ergotheseat.com ). My wife and I have this saddle on our bikes and we've never gotten
    > saddle sore since the change.

    The saddle horn is there for a reason. Athletic cycling with one of those snub-nosed saddles would
    be awkward, uncomfortable, and dangerous. Naive people keep trying to reinvent the bicycle saddle,
    when the existing shape is as good as it gets.

  8. Bernie

    Bernie Guest

    smokey wrote:

    > > What about blisters in the saddle regions? I think I got mine due to riding to work wearing
    > > jeans - it's in my perineum region. I'm putting some Gold Bond ointment on it. It's quite
    > > annoying. Any ideas? thx
    >
    > i use udder balm. it's cheap, available, and really does the job. you might want to invest in
    > some padded underwear that several of the clothing companies sell. smokey

    Sure "Bag Balm" (tm) works great. It is mainly carbolic salve. Fights infections and lubes your
    tender bits. Mainly though, lose the denims. They waste your valuable energy. If your butt is
    hardened from frequent cycling, then consider wearing clean jockey shorts and poly long johns under
    comfortably loose pants or shorts? You don't really need dedicated bicycle clothing to commute or do
    your errands. Best regards, Bernie

  9. Tom Keats

    Tom Keats Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, "Mark Webb" <[email protected]> writes:

    > Do what the old boys did use Methylated Spirits...

    Noooooo!!

    Wood alchohol just makes useless, additional pain.

    Witchhazel makes less pain, and is more soothing -- especially when added to Sitz baths, and
    co-applied with goo-ey, ick-ey crap like cortizone cream, or zinc-oxide diaper cream applications.
    Wipe a little on yer shins too, where the pedals may have hit ya. <relief> ... aaahhhhhh ..... Jeez,
    that just 'bout makes one ready for a decent martini.

    Sometimes cycling is not pretty. Not ugly, either -- just something to deal with.

    Such is life.

    Oh, well.

    klahowya, Tom