Saddle choice for new bike

BMAFG

Nov 26, 2003
I'm just killing time waiting for my new frame to arrive and thought I'd generate some discussion with respect to the right saddle.

The frame is a Colnago Master X-light see attached.

It will probably have white bar wrap.

I've attached pics of the Arione saddle color choices of posssible interest. Your votes and comments are welcome.

Personaly, I'd go with the red one with multicolered stripes, or the whote one with multicolored stripes.

alienator said:
Saddles, like tires and hot women, should be black.
And on a pole? Got to disagree with you though about hot women. They come in all colors and that is the way it should be. I will agree with you on the saddle though.

kdelong said:
And on a pole? Got to disagree with you though about hot women. They come in all colors and that is the way it should be. I will agree with you on the saddle though.

I guess it would depend on whose pole it was. Iffin' it weren't my pole, I prolly wouldn't be interested....unless it was a strap on latex pole that one girl was fixin' to plunder the other with.

A Specialized Toupe: wicked comfy and light.

I don't care about the cosmetics, really. Oh, all things being equal, looks do count, but all things are rarely equal.

alienator said:
Saddles, like tires and hot women, should be black.
But my saddle has a red stripe down the middle, and my tires are black and yellow, and I'm sort of "olive", does that mean I'm not hot Alienator, after all these years, I thought I was getting somewhere with you.

Yep, the old unrequited love again...:( :(

janiejones said:
But my saddle has a red stripe down the middle, and my tires are black and yellow, and I'm sort of "olive", does that mean I'm not hot Alienator, after all these years, I thought I was getting somewhere with you.

Yep, the old unrequited love again...:( :(

Well, there are varying levels of hotness and different varieties of hotness. I try to keep an open mind.

Do you have any scars or tattoos? Those always improve the score.

alienator said:
Well, there are varying levels of hotness and different varieties of hotness. I try to keep an open mind.

Do you have any scars or tattoos? Those always improve the score.

mmmm...a few scars on myself and my bike, but no tattoos, but I was thinking of one of Iggy somewhere rather interesting. Anything else to help up the score?:p

janiejones said:
mmmm...a few scars on myself and my bike, but no tattoos, but I was thinking of one of Iggy somewhere rather interesting. Anything else to help up the score?:p

Creative leather apparel is always helpful. Also good are high heels, very high heels. Red heads always score highly, and blondes generally score poorly. Being gymnastic automatically promotes you to the next higher level.

Of course, if you have a school girl outfit.....you know, very short plaid skirt, form fitting, short sleeved white button down blouse, knee high white socks, and high heeled black school girl lace up shoes.....well, having that automatically puts you in the winner's circle.

Someone's been lickin' too many scorpions and drinkin' bad cactus juice again.

As for the OP's question, go for black.

You have to go the red and white - if you must have a bright frame colour, you may as well go all the way