Saddle choice: Terry Liberator or Fly

Blazej

Guest
I'm considering purchasing the Liberator or Fly saddle and can't decide which one would be the most
comfortable and healthy for a man. Which of those two would you recommend?

Maybe some other saddle with the cut-out design, Specialized Body Geometry perhaps?

I mostly ride off-road, about 50+ km on a mountain bike.

Thanks for any tips,

Blazej

Blazej wrote:

> I'm considering purchasing the Liberator or Fly saddle and can't decide which one would be the
> most comfortable and healthy for a man. Which of those two would you recommend?
>
> Maybe some other saddle with the cut-out design, Specialized Body Geometry perhaps?
>
> I mostly ride off-road, about 50+ km on a mountain bike.
>
> Thanks for any tips,
>
> Blazej

Performance has the Terry Men's Liberator for $24 or so, according to the recent catalog
closeout page.

Jeez there's a lot of weird getups for bicyclists now, speaking of really strange catalogs.
--
Ron Hardin [email protected]

Blazej wrote:
> I'm considering purchasing the Liberator or Fly saddle and can't decide which one would be the
> most comfortable and healthy for a man. Which of those two would you recommend?

The one that fits your behind. Sorry, but that will vary too much from person to person. I like (the
less padded Ti-race model of) the Liberator over the fly, others feel the exact opposite, for
reasons that I presume are personally valid.

Some shops will allow you to exchange after riding a bit - find one and take your best guess; if it
doesn't work out, try the other.

Ebay is an excellent place to pick up other's unsuccessful trials, and to dump your own if you can't
find a shop that accepts returns.

--
Mark Janeba remove antispam phrase in address to reply

Blazej wrote:
> I'm considering purchasing the Liberator or Fly saddle and can't decide which one would be the
> most comfortable and healthy for a man. Which of those two would you recommend?
>
> Maybe some other saddle with the cut-out design, Specialized Body Geometry perhaps?
>
> I mostly ride off-road, about 50+ km on a mountain bike.
>
> Thanks for any tips,

I like the fly, but it all depends on your sit-bone spacing. Neither may work for you. Find a bike
shop that'll let you try them before buying.

David

I used the Fly for 3 seasons, and I liked it well enough. It did seem a bit too soft. Now I ride a
Koobi Silver. It's firmer and a tad wider than the Fly, and I like it better. And it cost half what
the Fly cost, as I got it on sale at Nashbar.

Joe

blaze-<< I'm considering purchasing the Liberator or Fly saddle and can't decide which one would be
the most comfortable and healthy for a man. Which of those two would you recommend?

'Healty for a man' saddles are vastly overplayed, particularly when compared to a well fitting bike.
If the bike fits, you probably won't have 'sleepy winkie', if it doesn't, no saddle is gonna work.

If you have no symptoms now, don't worry about the cutouts. Hopefully you have a bike shop that will
let you try each saddle, like ours...

I have the Fly and it is the best saddle I ever had. The Fly comes with a money back guarantee if
after 30 days you are not happy. I thought that was bold talk until I tried it. I doubt they get
many returns.

I know nothing about the Liberator.

Marc

On Sat, 31 May 2003 00:38:42 +0000, Marky Marc wrote:

> I have the Fly and it is the best saddle I ever had. The Fly comes with a money back guarantee if
> after 30 days you are not happy. I thought that was bold talk until I tried it. I doubt they get
> many returns.

I know a number of afficionados, including myself. But one friend did not like his, so I bought it
from him and made both of us happy. IMO a great saddle.
--

David L. Johnson

__o | "What am I on? I'm on my bike, six hours a day, busting my ass. _`\(,_ | What are you on?"
--Lance Armstrong (_)/ (_) |