Saddle creaks

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Derk, Mar 11, 2004.

  1. Derk

    Derk Guest

    Hi,

    This is the 3rd Flie Titanium saddle I have that creaks
    after a few months of use.

    Can anyone comment on the Fizik Arione? Do you like it? And
    more importantly: is it silent?

    TIA, Derk

    Tags:

  2. > This is the 3rd Flie Titanium saddle I have that creaks
    > after a few months of use.
    >
    > Can anyone comment on the Fizik Arione? Do you like it?
    > And more importantly: is it silent?
    >
    > TIA, Derk

    just put grease on the rails

  3. Mikeyankee

    Mikeyankee Guest

    That's true with a Flite. Its cousin the Tri-Matic, which I
    happen to like, has elastomers supporting the rail ends;
    these can squeak after time. Usually a shot of silicone oil
    quiets 'em down.

    Mike Yankee

    (Address is munged to thwart spammers. To reply, delete
    everything after "com".)

  4. derk-<< This is the 3rd Flie Titanium saddle I have that
    creaks after a few months of use. >><BR><BR>

    Grease where the saddle rails are in the seatpost?

    Drip a little oil where the saddle rails enter the
    saddle as well.

    Boulder, CO, 80302
    costruite eccezionalmente bene"

  5. Derk

    Derk Guest

    Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

    > Drip a little oil where the saddle rails enter the saddle
    > as well.
    I'll try that, since the noise comes from within the
    saddle itself.

    Thanks!

    Grets, Derk