Saddle for "extreme" touring

[email protected] wrote:
> Very good choice (probably!). It will be uncomfortable for the first
> 1000miles - but won't get any worse! and will get better thereafter.

It's a common thought that a Brooks needs quite a period of
"breaking in", but just like a good leather boot, *if* it is the
right basic shape to start with then it should be reasonably
comfortable out of the box. And having started off reasonably
comfortable, should proceed to become /very/ comfortable with more
time as it is shaped to the exact conturs of one's backside.

And also like a leather boot, if it's the wrong basic shape then
though it may become tolerable over time, it will never become
truly comfortable.

(I really like all of my Brooks saddles (A B17, a B66 and a
Brooks-Brompton), and hope the OP gets on as well with his New Toy.
But though mine are all very good saddles, when it comes to
comfort they're not on the same planet as the padded armchair on my
HP Velotchnik Streetmachine GT recumbent tourer...)

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK