Saddle Opinions quick please (need to ride)

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Santa, Mar 27, 2003.

  1. Santa

    Santa Guest

    I want to buy a Selle Italia Saddle but cant decide between Pro link and flite gel ti. Money is he
    same. My riding is mostly short singletrack rides in rocky philladelphia.Height 5'8" W 174. I'm
    concerned about the bulge of the prolink and its sharp point. Any tips will be well received. I was
    happy with my fizi:k dolomiti bur recently damaged it in a nonriding accident. I wanted a new one
    but the price is now more than the selle italias and that with cr mo rails

    Tags:

  2. Harris

    Harris Guest

    In rec.bicycles.tech santa <[email protected]> wrote:
    > I was happy with my fizi:k dolomiti bur recently damaged it in a nonriding accident. I wanted a
    > new one but the price is now more than the selle italias and that with cr mo rails

    What's wrong with CrMo rails?

    Art Harris

  3. Mike S.

    Mike S. Guest

    "Harris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In rec.bicycles.tech santa <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > I was happy with my fizi:k dolomiti bur recently damaged it in a
    nonriding
    > > accident. I wanted a new one but the price is now more than the selle italias and that with cr
    > > mo rails
    >
    > What's wrong with CrMo rails?

    They're not Ti. Duh. Everyone knows that Ti railed saddles are more comfortable.

    Mike

  4. "santa" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I want to buy a Selle Italia Saddle but cant decide between Pro link and flite gel ti. Money is he
    > same. My riding is mostly short singletrack rides in rocky philladelphia.Height 5'8" W 174. I'm
    > concerned about the bulge of the prolink and its sharp point. Any tips will be well received. I
    > was happy with my fizi:k dolomiti bur recently damaged it in a nonriding accident. I wanted a new
    > one but the price is now more than the selle italias and that with cr mo rails

    Saddles are so very subjective that you shouldn't buy on someone else's experience (unless you're
    butt-twins).

    That said, for the type of riding you do, I'd go with the Gel Ti. I own 2 of these and have had good
    luck with them. I ride the Trans Am on the road (with the cutout), since I'm always sitting, but the
    Gel Ti is more durable (Kevlar corners).

    You really should try to sit on someone else's saddle of each type if at all possible.