Saddle pain

Tom

Guest
Just a quick query...for those who might know.

I used to ride a Flite Titanium, and I did thousands of miles on it. It was great, and I never
remember getting saddle sore. Ive been out of riding for three years and now Im back Ive got myself
a Selle Italia Oktavia Genuine Gel. I seem to have got a "pain in the ass", but slowly it seems to
be going. Ive done about 100miles on it so far, is this about normal?

Im a heavy lump, about 220lbs if that should make any difference. Any ideas on this (the pain) being
a sign of something dangerous?

Cheers, Tom

RE/
>I used to ride a Flite Titanium, and I did thousands of miles on it. It was great, and I never
>remember getting saddle sore. Ive been out of riding for three years and now Im back Ive got myself
>a Selle Italia Oktavia Genuine Gel. I seem to have got a "pain in the ass", but slowly it seems to
>be going. Ive done about 100miles on it so far, is this about normal?

In other threads there seems to be a consensus that the butt bones toughen with use and get tender
with disuse (like over the winter).

The big thing to me is making sure that the saddle isn't narrower then the bones. Other than that,
it seems like just a matter of time.

Every see surfer's knots?
--
PeteCresswell

Tom wrote:
> Just a quick query...for those who might know.
>
> I used to ride a Flite Titanium, and I did thousands of miles on it. It was great, and I never
> remember getting saddle sore. Ive been out of riding for three years and now Im back Ive got
> myself a Selle Italia Oktavia Genuine Gel. I seem to have got a "pain in the ass", but slowly it
> seems to be going. Ive done about 100miles on it so far, is this about normal?
>
> Im a heavy lump, about 220lbs if that should make any difference. Any ideas on this (the pain)
> being a sign of something dangerous?
>
> Cheers, Tom

I have a Selle Italia Flite Genuine Gel saddle. There is no way I can use it on my road bike.
However it is fine on my offroad bike. The Gel tends to move around and place itself where you don't
really wan't it. This becomes very apparent on a roadbike where the butt is more static. Other than
that your butt probably just needs to get used to a saddle again.

--
Perre

Originally posted by Tom
Just a quick query...for those who might know.

I used to ride a Flite Titanium, and I did thousands of miles on it. It was great, and I never
remember getting saddle sore. Ive been out of riding for three years and now Im back Ive got myself
a Selle Italia Oktavia Genuine Gel. I seem to have got a "pain in the ass", but slowly it seems to
be going. Ive done about 100miles on it so far, is this about normal?

Im a heavy lump, about 220lbs if that should make any difference. Any ideas on this (the pain) being
a sign of something dangerous?

Cheers, Tom
I use a Selle Italia Flite ,Non Gel, I haved tried Gel Seats but find they are uncomfortable. I prefer the non-gel.However it alway took me about 2 weeks or around 500 miles to completely adjust to a seat after not training for a while.