Saddle Position Question

Brothrmark

Aug 6, 2005
i'm adjusting to a new selle italia flite saddle and looking for that elusive "sweet spot". i'm getting some perineal pressure and am questioning whether i should dip the nose down as common sense would dictate. doing that seems to put much more isolated pressure on the sit bones. i'm talking about just a couple degrees of pitch, but it makes a significant change in comfort.

just curious...

mark

Brothrmark said:
i'm adjusting to a new selle italia flite saddle and looking for that elusive "sweet spot". i'm getting some perineal pressure and am questioning whether i should dip the nose down as common sense would dictate. doing that seems to put much more isolated pressure on the sit bones. i'm talking about just a couple degrees of pitch, but it makes a significant change in comfort.

just curious...

mark
I tend to go with what works. Extreme up or down seems to work for some people,but maybe they are just into pain.Hurts me to just look at some of it.

I'd definitely go with the isolated pressure on the sit bones over perineal pressure any day. Sometimes moving the seat forward a little will take some pressure off the perinea region also.