Saddle recommendation... yeah, I know

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Dan Daniel, Oct 16, 2003.

  1. Dan Daniel

    Dan Daniel Guest

    I know- personal experience. Still, I'll ask...

    I use a Selle Italia Flite (basic Ti model, single piece black leather) on the road bike. It works
    better than anything else I have tried.

    On my commuter/off-road, I have tried the Flite. All in all very good, but just a tad too hard.
    So I'm back to the cheapo WTB Speed V, with too much padding and the wrong shape (too wide in
    the middle).

    So, any recommendations for a saddle that is the same shape as the Flite but with just a bit more
    padding? And I mean just a bit- I'd rather it be on the hard rather than soft side.

    Thanks.

    Tags:

  2. Brink

    Brink Guest

    Dan, I tried the Koobi chrono via recommendation from a friend. You can look at them at
    www.Koobi.com

    I love the saddle. They also offer a free trial. If you don't like it, they let you send it back. I
    do not have any affiliation for this company. I like this saddle very much and so do the reviewers
    on www.roadbikereview.com. There is a lot of good input on saddles (along with other parts) from
    consumers at roadbikereview. Good luck.

    Brink

    Dan Daniel <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I know- personal experience. Still, I'll ask...
    >
    > I use a Selle Italia Flite (basic Ti model, single piece black leather) on the road bike. It works
    > better than anything else I have tried.
    >
    > On my commuter/off-road, I have tried the Flite. All in all very good, but just a tad too hard. So
    > I'm back to the cheapo WTB Speed V, with too much padding and the wrong shape (too wide in the
    > middle).
    >
    > So, any recommendations for a saddle that is the same shape as the Flite but with just a bit more
    > padding? And I mean just a bit- I'd rather it be on the hard rather than soft side.
    >
    > Thanks.

  3. Fred

    Fred Guest

    "Dan Daniel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I know- personal experience. Still, I'll ask...
    >
    > I use a Selle Italia Flite (basic Ti model, single piece black leather) on the road bike. It works
    > better than anything else I have tried.
    >
    > On my commuter/off-road, I have tried the Flite. All in all very good, but just a tad too hard. So
    > I'm back to the cheapo WTB Speed V, with too much padding and the wrong shape (too wide in the
    > middle).
    >
    > So, any recommendations for a saddle that is the same shape as the Flite but with just a bit more
    > padding? And I mean just a bit- I'd rather it be on the hard rather than soft side.
    >
    > Thanks.

    I have a Selle Italia Max Flite on my road bike. The difference is a little bit of suspension in the
    back of the saddle that helps smooth out some of the bumps a little. For me it was a significant
    difference from a saddle without it.

    Fred

  4. Dan Daniel wrote:
    > I know- personal experience. Still, I'll ask...
    >
    > I use a Selle Italia Flite (basic Ti model, single piece black leather) on the road bike. It works
    > better than anything else I have tried.
    >
    > On my commuter/off-road, I have tried the Flite. All in all very good, but just a tad too hard. So
    > I'm back to the cheapo WTB Speed V, with too much padding and the wrong shape (too wide in the
    > middle).
    >
    > So, any recommendations for a saddle that is the same shape as the Flite but with just a bit more
    > padding? And I mean just a bit- I'd rather it be on the hard rather than soft side.
    >
    > Thanks.

    If the Flite fits you there is a Flite Genuine Gel version. I didn't like it on my roadbike but it's
    ok on my MTB.

    --
    Perre