Saddle selection

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Nigel Heels, Aug 5, 2003.

  1. Nigel Heels

    Nigel Heels Guest

    I am in the market for a new saddle... Now what should criteria be when purchasing this? obviously
    it has to be comfortable on the tush, but what else am I looking for in a road bike seat.

    Tags:

  2. Nigel should go for Nogel, and give narrow a clean pair of Heels! Leather's the chap for old Nigel,
    Cos on it his totty good feels...

    Anyone inprove on this?

  3. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Gearóid Ó Laoi/Garry Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Nigel should go for Nogel, and give narrow a clean pair of Heels! Leather's the chap for old
    > Nigel, Cos on it his totty good feels...
    >

    > Anyone inprove on this?

    Ok, how 'bout......

    Brooks, Brooks, Brooks, Brooks Brooks, Brooks, Brooks, Brooks, Brooks, Brooks, Brooks, Brooks,
    Brooks, Brooks, Brooks, Brooks. ......... ................ ................. <Ducks!!>

    No I don't work for 'em and I'm not on commission. I just have a really cute Brooks shaped bum and
    if Nigel has too, then I can't recommend anything else ;-) Dave.

  4. Peter Clinch

    Peter Clinch Guest

    Dave wrote:

    > No I don't work for 'em and I'm not on commission. I just have a really cute Brooks shaped bum and
    > if Nigel has too, then I can't recommend anything else ;-)

    No claims about cuteness, but I also find them more comfortable than anything else I've tried when
    they're worn in, and still more comfortable than most things even new out of the box. A Brooks is
    definitely worth a try unless you have issues with leather goods, you're paranoid about every last
    microgramme, or you already have a recumbent.

    No guarantees they'll work for a particular individual, but OTOH you can say the same about *any*
    saddle. Given they're usually sold separately to the bikes they're on, they're heavy and require a
    little more care, there must be some reason for their enduring popularity and sales with Serious
    Cyclists(tm).

    Pete.
    http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

  5. Ii ride Brooks all the time as does my lady wife