Saddle selection

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nigel Heels

I am in the market for a new saddle... Now what should criteria be when purchasing this? obviously
it has to be comfortable on the tush, but what else am I looking for in a road bike seat.

Nigel should go for Nogel, and give narrow a clean pair of Heels! Leather's the chap for old Nigel,
Cos on it his totty good feels...

Anyone inprove on this?

"Gearóid Ó Laoi/Garry Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Nigel should go for Nogel, and give narrow a clean pair of Heels! Leather's the chap for old
> Nigel, Cos on it his totty good feels...
>
>
> Anyone inprove on this?
>
>
Ok, how 'bout......

Brooks, Brooks, Brooks, Brooks Brooks, Brooks, Brooks, Brooks, Brooks, Brooks, Brooks, Brooks,
Brooks, Brooks, Brooks, Brooks. ......... ................ ................. <Ducks!!>

No I don't work for 'em and I'm not on commission. I just have a really cute Brooks shaped bum and
if Nigel has too, then I can't recommend anything else ;-) Dave.

Dave wrote:

> No I don't work for 'em and I'm not on commission. I just have a really cute Brooks shaped bum and
> if Nigel has too, then I can't recommend anything else ;-)

No claims about cuteness, but I also find them more comfortable than anything else I've tried when
they're worn in, and still more comfortable than most things even new out of the box. A Brooks is
definitely worth a try unless you have issues with leather goods, you're paranoid about every last
microgramme, or you already have a recumbent.

No guarantees they'll work for a particular individual, but OTOH you can say the same about *any*
saddle. Given they're usually sold separately to the bikes they're on, they're heavy and require a
little more care, there must be some reason for their enduring popularity and sales with Serious
Cyclists(tm).

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch University of Dundee Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Medical Physics, Ninewells Hospital
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK net [email protected]
http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

Ii ride Brooks all the time as does my lady wife

Status
Not open for further replies.