Saddle selection

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Nigel Heels, Aug 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nigel Heels

Nigel Heels Guest

I am in the market for a new saddle... Now what should criteria be when purchasing this? obviously
    it has to be comfortable on the tush, but what else am I looking for in a road bike seat.

Tags:

2. Nigel should go for Nogel, and give narrow a clean pair of Heels! Leather's the chap for old Nigel,
    Cos on it his totty good feels...

Anyone inprove on this?

3. Dave

Dave Guest

"Gearóid Ó Laoi/Garry Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Nigel should go for Nogel, and give narrow a clean pair of Heels! Leather's the chap for old
    > Nigel, Cos on it his totty good feels...
    >
    >
    > Anyone inprove on this?
    >
    >
    Ok, how 'bout......

Brooks, Brooks, Brooks, Brooks Brooks, Brooks, Brooks, Brooks, Brooks, Brooks, Brooks, Brooks,
    Brooks, Brooks, Brooks, Brooks. ......... ................ ................. <Ducks!!>

No I don't work for 'em and I'm not on commission. I just have a really cute Brooks shaped bum and
    if Nigel has too, then I can't recommend anything else ;-) Dave.

4. Peter Clinch

Peter Clinch Guest

Dave wrote:

> No I don't work for 'em and I'm not on commission. I just have a really cute Brooks shaped bum and
    > if Nigel has too, then I can't recommend anything else ;-)

No claims about cuteness, but I also find them more comfortable than anything else I've tried when
    they're worn in, and still more comfortable than most things even new out of the box. A Brooks is
    definitely worth a try unless you have issues with leather goods, you're paranoid about every last
    microgramme, or you already have a recumbent.

No guarantees they'll work for a particular individual, but OTOH you can say the same about *any*
    saddle. Given they're usually sold separately to the bikes they're on, they're heavy and require a
    little more care, there must be some reason for their enduring popularity and sales with Serious
    Cyclists(tm).

Pete.
    --
    Peter Clinch University of Dundee Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Medical Physics, Ninewells Hospital
    Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK net [email protected]
    http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

5. Ii ride Brooks all the time as does my lady wife

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.