Saddle setback

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Randomchris, Jan 31, 2003.

  1. Randomchris

    Randomchris Guest

    Hi

    Could anyone point me to a source of useful information for saddle setback measurements for
    different seat posts? These things seem to vary so much. I've just returned a USE seat pin as there
    wasn't enough setback and am hoping to replace it with their aero seat pin, which seems to offer
    more. Any info on this particular post would be appreciated. I can see one limitation of the Alien
    seat clamp being that the whole thing takes up so much saddle rail that it reduces fore-aft
    adjustability.

    Cheers

    Chris

    Tags:

  2. Graham

    Graham Guest

    "RandomChris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi
    >
    > Could anyone point me to a source of useful information for saddle setback measurements for
    > different seat posts? These things seem to vary so much. I've just returned a USE seat pin as
    > there wasn't enough setback and am hoping to replace it with their aero seat pin, which seems to
    > offer more. Any info on this particular post would be appreciated. I can see one limitation of the
    > Alien seat clamp being that the whole thing takes up so much saddle rail that it reduces fore-aft
    > adjustability.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Chris

    I recently purchased an "Easton" EC 70 seatpost plenty of setback and very pleasing on the eye.
    http://www.eastonbike.com/COMPONENTS/post.ec70.html

    Have a look.

    Graham

  3. Mike Krueger

    Mike Krueger Guest

    << Could anyone point me to a source of useful information for saddle setback measurements for
    different seat posts? These things seem to vary so much. I've just returned a USE seat pin as
    there wasn't enough setback and am hoping to replace it with their aero seat pin, which seems to
    offer more. >>

    Another option is the Italian-made Selcof 68X Biposition. I ride one of these. It's done entirely in
    polished aluminum, has a two-bolt microadjustable clamp, and weighs 230g. It has over 32mm of
    setback. Here's a link to a photo:

    http://www.redroseimports.com/rri_selcof.html

  4. Mike S.

    Mike S. Guest

    Go check out the Giant/Mike Burrows aero carbon posts too.