Saddle slipping

Paul J

Apr 10, 2003
The last four rides I've had, I've noticed my saddle has slipped. That is, it ends with the 'nose' tilted up instead of being nice and relatively flat. It's ends up being a little uncomfortable and I have get out the allen key each time and readjust it which is a pain. But no matter how tight I get that allen screw it just ends up slipping again. Anyone know how to tackle this?

Originally posted by Paul J
The last four rides I've had, I've noticed my saddle has slipped. That is, it ends with the 'nose' tilted up instead of being nice and relatively flat. It's ends up being a little uncomfortable and I have get out the allen key each time and readjust it which is a pain. But no matter how tight I get that allen screw it just ends up slipping again. Anyone know how to tackle this?
try some locktite on the screw. I had this problem too. then I got a new saddle and it slipped backwards (G) I used some locktite on the rails.

Originally posted by Paul J

I'll assume you didn't have this problem until fairly recently. It sound as though your seat post clamp is stripping out some how. (Time for a replacement perhaps?)

Originally posted by stevek
try some locktite on the screw. I had this problem too. then I got a new saddle and it slipped backwards (G) I used some locktite on the rails.

they often use nail-polishers or a little drop of metal paint to fix the threads of screws in some bike shops. or you may try to use one of these spacer rings under the bolt:

din127b.gif

(sorry, i forgot it's proper english name)

Thanks kind people for your input, especially Starquake. I know that'll work. It makes sense, mechanically. It's called a lock washer.