Saddle sore or ingrown hair?

Sando

Jun 22, 2006
How can I say this... I have a really sore lower left ass cheek.

It is difficult to see exactly what it is becuase of the position of it :mad:

I have just changed to a new bike and new seat? Could this have something to do with it? It's really taking away the pleasure of riding my bike!!

Help! :(

Sando said:

Haha! Something everyone gets sitting for a long ride. If its an 'ingrown hair' you will resolve it by pulling it out. Not a great idea to shave your hairs as they tend to become stiffer and more troublesome.
You need to recheck your saddle position, cushion comfort, riding position. Honestly, I havent seen many with serious problems in their **s.

reallyoldpunk said:
I hate to say it...but we need photos to make a diagnosis. I will ignore this thread from now on. :p
laffmouse4nd1.gif

As I remember it as a newbe your but takes alot of your body weight but as you improve your legs take most of your weight and the problem disapears....on a diamond frame bike it is a saddle not a seat. Did you take a break from cycling over the winter? That can make it worse for you when you get back on the bike.

Sando said:

I have just changed to a new bike and new seat? Could this have something to do with it? It's really taking away the pleasure of riding my bike!!

Help! :(