Saddle soreness

Michael Keily

Guest
Hi

Just started using a turbo trainer to get some fitness training in whilst it's dark and wet outside
but seem to be sore to a greater degree after a ride of about one hour. Are the gel seats and or
covers any good to alleviate this pain in the bum.

Cheers

"michael keily" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi
>
> Just started using a turbo trainer to get some fitness training in whilst it's dark and wet
> outside but seem to be sore to a greater degree after a ride of about one hour. Are the gel seats
> and or covers any good to alleviate this pain in the bum.
>

> Cheers

You kind of get used to it after a while. Getting out of the saddle regularly does help. I tried
a gel cover but find that it gets in the way too much. I think you are doing well managing an
hour, after half an hour I wish I had went out regardless of the weather.

Graham

Padded cycle shorts. Do wonders to protect the nether regions - even on a turbo trainer.

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

"michael keily" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Are the gel seats and or covers any good to alleviate this pain in the bum.

Sadly not - I've been using one ever since the speed-obsessed one started posting here, and the
bugger is still at it...

Tim

--
Sent from Brum, UK... ...scheduled completion Sept 2003 'God's electrician sparked up the heavens
once again, heading northbound on the 7:10. And the lord said let there be commuters...' - Thea

> Padded cycle shorts. Do wonders to protect the nether regions - even on a
turbo
> trainer.
>
> Cheers, helen s

Bibs of course !

Graham

"Graham" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter" <[email protected]> wrote in
message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Padded cycle shorts. Do wonders to protect the nether regions - even on
> turbo
> > trainer.
> >
> > Cheers, helen s
> >
> Bibs of course !
>
> Graham
> >
> > ~~~~~~~~~~
> > Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before
sending
> > reply!
> >
> > Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the
> keyboaRRRDdd
> > ~~~~~~~~~~

If it's REAL SOREness then a good dose of Assos chamois cream will help. Sorts me out in the summer
months when I spend 6 or 7 hours in the saddle at a time.

--
Mark
______________________________________

"Just ask yourself: What would Scooby Doo?"

Lol too warm for bibs with no wind and not got a fan yet, Yes I am already in shorts with the
padded gusset so perhaps it is just my large size and weight on such a small seated area. As for
the interest I park the machine in front of the tele and use a heart rate/cycle computer combo. So
am interested the figures it produces and it's great to get off load it on the pc and actually see
the improvement in fitness on the screen. Now if only I could get pc "coach lite" software to print
the graphs.

Mike

PS must check out the bib shorts for outside when its a bit warmer

..............print the graphs.

> Mike
>
> PS must check out the bib shorts for outside when its a bit warmer

Helen will be along soon with advice for you on this subject. I would advise the wearing of a helmet
while waiting....

--
Mark
______________________________________

"Just ask yourself: What would Scooby Doo?"

Try wearing two pairs of padded cycling shorts, this really helps when your bum is sore from too
much riding or early in the season when it hasn't hardened up

"michael keily" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Hi
>
> Just started using a turbo trainer to get some fitness training in whilst it's dark and wet
> outside but seem to be sore to a greater degree after a ride of about one hour. Are the gel seats
> and or covers any good to alleviate this pain in the bum.
>

> Cheers

I'm a bit busy right now, so please fill in your own amusing entreaty to convert tot eh Dark Side
and banish saddle soreness for ever.

--
Guy
===

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> I'm a bit busy right now, so please fill in your own amusing entreaty to convert tot eh Dark Side
> and banish saddle soreness for ever.

Most won't fit on a turbo trainer though. But on the plus side, most of them won't fit on a turbo
trainer... ;-)

Pete.
http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

I have looked at bent's on the web and am afraid just don't have the storage space for one, and it
would be a pretty lonely way to go for the Sunday ride looking at everybody else's hubs.

Mike

michael keily wrote:
> I have looked at bent's on the web and am afraid just don't have the storage space for one, and it
> would be a pretty lonely way to go for the Sunday ride looking at everybody else's hubs.

The storage space is a definite problem: the extra length plus the bulk of the seat make them more
of a problem to stow, and if any interesting corners have to be negotiated then they're more awkward
to get round them on the whole. But the second point is rather misplaced IME: mine puts me about car
seat height, and I don't have any problem engaging in conversation with my upright-equipped pals on
a Sunday ride.