Saddles for tall people

Deafwolf

Jun 21, 2010
Ok gang. Need to help a friend out here. My friend is a Cat III racer and looking to switch from his Fiz'k Arione to a different saddle. His issue is that he is 6'2. Larger bones require a different saddle for comfort. He is considering a few San Marco types. Another issue is pressure from the nose if the saddle isn't designed with a slope at the front.

So all you tall guys... what are you riding on? Hoe does it feel? Did you have to break it in?

Thanks.

How tall a person is is only incidentally related to the width of the sit bones which is the most important measurable parameter WRT saddle fit. A good bike store should have a special pad to take that measurement, or you can do it home by sitting on a piece of cardboard and see where the indentations end up. THe rest is pretty much up to personal preferences and trial & error.

Although I agree that height probably doesn't have much to do with it, I'll mention that at 6'3" I use a Fizik Aliante Sport and a Fizik Gobi.

Well, I'm 6'3 12" and ride on Aspide's. I don't think my height really has anything to do with the saddle I prefer though.

Height should not have an direct effect on the shape/size of a saddle or the width of a persons sit bones. If he feels that the arione is too narrow then he may want to try out the antares. I found the slightly wider rear end of the antares to be significantly more comfortable than the arione (I have wide sit bones). Most Fizik dealers will have demo saddles available for test rides lasting anywhere from a couple of days to a week (depending on shop policy). Have him demo an antares and see how it feels.