Saddles

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Frank Tantillo, Mar 23, 2003.

  1. I recognize that saddle comfort is a VERY subjective thing....but,

    I've tried several models and none have worked for longer rides - especially when riding primarily
    in the aero position. The Flite Trans Am (w cutout) has been suggested.....anyone have any thoughts?
    Also, for road riding, do titanium versus manganese rails make a noticeable difference for you all?

    I'm going to try the Trans Am, plus the Azoto and perhaps the Koobi..........we'll see.

    Thx

    Tags:

  2. Bd539

    Bd539 Guest

    Yep, I use the Trans Am Prolink, and the Flite with Gel Flow, both have the cutout and very
    comfortable for hours of riding.

    Brent

  3. Blind Freddy

    Blind Freddy Guest

    "BD539" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    | Yep, I use the Trans Am Prolink, and the Flite with Gel Flow, both have
    the
    | cutout and very comfortable for hours of riding.
    |
    | Brent

    BD539 sounds like a transistor.

  4. "Frank Tantillo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I recognize that saddle comfort is a VERY subjective thing....but,
    >
    > I've tried several models and none have worked for longer rides -
    especially
    > when riding primarily in the aero position. The Flite Trans Am (w cutout) has been
    > suggested.....anyone have any thoughts?

    I have one. I hate it. The saddle is very rigid and even with a neoprene cover is barely rideable.
    If yyou want it I will sell it cheap. It is in like new condition.

    I have a Selle Italia expedia saddle on my other bike. It rules. Too bad they don't make
    them anymore.

    Also, for road riding, do
    > titanium versus manganese rails make a noticeable difference for you all?
    >
    > I'm going to try the Trans Am, plus the Azoto and perhaps the Koobi..........we'll see.
    >
    > Thx

  5. David

    David Guest

    I think comfort is 100% subjective. I have been using just a regular old Flite Ti in aero position
    even since they 1st came out (13 yrs?). IMHO, the cut out saddles are a gimmick. If you are sitting
    on the saddle correctly the cut out is not necessary, or even helpful. See John Cobbs articles on
    how to "sit" on a saddle at bicylesports.com. Are you having any particular problems? Good Luck!
    David Never give up, Be satisfied w/ your best, Do unto others.....

  6. Rlirwin

    Rlirwin Guest

    I have the Koobi Tri saddle on two bikes and have been very happy with it.