Saddles

Frank Tantillo

Guest
I recognize that saddle comfort is a VERY subjective thing....but,

I've tried several models and none have worked for longer rides - especially when riding primarily
in the aero position. The Flite Trans Am (w cutout) has been suggested.....anyone have any thoughts?
Also, for road riding, do titanium versus manganese rails make a noticeable difference for you all?

I'm going to try the Trans Am, plus the Azoto and perhaps the Koobi..........we'll see.

Thx

Yep, I use the Trans Am Prolink, and the Flite with Gel Flow, both have the cutout and very
comfortable for hours of riding.

Brent

"Frank Tantillo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I recognize that saddle comfort is a VERY subjective thing....but,
>
> I've tried several models and none have worked for longer rides -
especially
> when riding primarily in the aero position. The Flite Trans Am (w cutout) has been
> suggested.....anyone have any thoughts?

I have one. I hate it. The saddle is very rigid and even with a neoprene cover is barely rideable.
If yyou want it I will sell it cheap. It is in like new condition.

I have a Selle Italia expedia saddle on my other bike. It rules. Too bad they don't make
them anymore.

Also, for road riding, do
> titanium versus manganese rails make a noticeable difference for you all?
>
> I'm going to try the Trans Am, plus the Azoto and perhaps the Koobi..........we'll see.
>
> Thx

I think comfort is 100% subjective. I have been using just a regular old Flite Ti in aero position
even since they 1st came out (13 yrs?). IMHO, the cut out saddles are a gimmick. If you are sitting
on the saddle correctly the cut out is not necessary, or even helpful. See John Cobbs articles on
how to "sit" on a saddle at bicylesports.com. Are you having any particular problems? Good Luck!
David Never give up, Be satisfied w/ your best, Do unto others.....

I have the Koobi Tri saddle on two bikes and have been very happy with it.