Saddlesore - Still Trading ?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Peter Rollason, Feb 18, 2003.

  1. Have Saddlesore gone bust ? - I returned my computer for repair before christmas - and haven't heard
    a thing since. I know it was received because it was recorded delivery.

    Anyone got any info if they are still trading, or does anyone have contact details of the trading
    standards dept for Preston.

    Pete.

    Tags:

  2. Msa

    Msa Guest

    Peter Rollason <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:Ozv4a.2156$%[email protected]...
    > Have Saddlesore gone bust ? - I returned my computer for repair before christmas - and haven't
    > heard a thing since. I know it was received
    because
    > it was recorded delivery.
    >
    > Anyone got any info if they are still trading, or does anyone have contact details of the trading
    > standards dept for Preston.
    >
    > Pete.

    They are still trading in the sense that they are still taking orders on the web...and banking your
    money. They are however, not sending goods.

    Can't help with Trading Standards for Preston, but you might want to contact your credit card
    company if this is how you have paid.

    Please, everyone...DO NOT PLACE ORDERS WITH SADDLESORE...THEY ARE CROOKS.

    --
    Mark
    ______________________________________

    "Just ask yourself: What would Scooby Doo?"

  3. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 19:11:30 -0000, "Peter Rollason" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Have Saddlesore gone bust ? - I returned my computer for repair before christmas - and haven't
    >heard a thing since. I know it was received because it was recorded delivery.

    A quick Google would provide you with as much depression as you need on that subject. They have
    been taking money and sending out no goods for a while now. Trading Standards have apparently
    been informed.

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  4. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Peter Rollason wrote:
    > Have Saddlesore gone bust ? - I returned my computer for repair before christmas - and haven't
    > heard a thing since. I know it was received because it was recorded delivery.

    Please do contact Trading Standards and the police (Saddlesore is comitting a criminal offence,
    isn't it?). This needs to be stopped. I can't do anything myself because I haven't been 'done'.

    > Anyone got any info if they are still trading, or does anyone have contact details of the trading
    > standards dept for Preston.

    Use the TS website and enter Saddlesore's postcode.

    ~PB

  5. Help !

    The Saddlesore website has gone ! - although it was there last week. Does anyone have the address so
    I can proceed with my complaint.

    [email protected]

    "Peter Rollason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:Ozv4a.2156$%[email protected]...
    > Have Saddlesore gone bust ? - I returned my computer for repair before christmas - and haven't
    > heard a thing since. I know it was received
    because
    > it was recorded delivery.
    >
    > Anyone got any info if they are still trading, or does anyone have contact details of the trading
    > standards dept for Preston.
    >
    > Pete.

  6. OK - I will take this up with my MP and trading standards - keep you posted on progress.

    Pete.

    > Peter Rollason wrote:
    > > Have Saddlesore gone bust ? - I returned my computer for repair before christmas - and haven't
    > > heard a thing since. I know it was received because it was recorded delivery.
    >
    > Please do contact Trading Standards and the police (Saddlesore is comitting a criminal offence,
    > isn't it?). This needs to be stopped. I can't do anything myself because I haven't been 'done'.
    >
    > > Anyone got any info if they are still trading, or does anyone have contact details of the
    > > trading standards dept for Preston.
    >
    > Use the TS website and enter Saddlesore's postcode.
    >
    > ~PB

  7. David Nutter

    David Nutter Guest

    Peter Rollason <[email protected]> said:
    > Help !
    >
    > The Saddlesore website has gone ! - although it was there last week. Does anyone have the address
    > so I can proceed with my complaint.

    Either Google Cache or The Wayback Machine may help you find the address. ISTR it was posted here,
    along with Preston Trading Standards details some time ago so a search in google groups will
    probably yield it.

    Regards,

    -david

  8. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Peter Rollason wrote:
    > The Saddlesore website has gone !

    Great news!

    > Does anyone have the address so I can proceed with my complaint.

    I can't find Saddlesore's address now but the relevant TS dept. is:

    Trading Standards Department Lancashire County Council 55 Guildhall Street Preston
    Lancashire PR1 3NU

    Tel 01772 263573

    see: http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/

    ~PB

  9. This trading stds dept don't want to know - they have advised me to contact the one covered by my
    postal address - but I desparatley need the postal address of saddlesore - or some help on how to
    use an archiving tool.

    Pete.

    > Peter Rollason wrote:
    > > The Saddlesore website has gone !
    >
    > Great news!
    >
    > > Does anyone have the address so I can proceed with my complaint.
    >
    > I can't find Saddlesore's address now but the relevant TS dept. is:
    >
    > Trading Standards Department Lancashire County Council 55 Guildhall Street Preston
    > Lancashire PR1 3NU
    >
    > Tel 01772 263573
    >
    > see: http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/
    >
    > ~PB

  10. Graeme Dods

    Graeme Dods Guest

    "Peter Rollason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > This trading stds dept don't want to know - they have advised me to contact the one covered by my
    > postal address - but I desparatley need the postal address of saddlesore - or some help on how to
    > use an archiving tool.
    >
    > Pete.

    From the Google.com cache of www.saddlesore.co.uk/contact.htm

    ******************************
    How to Contact Saddlesore

    For Sales enquiries & Order progress [email protected]

    Telephone us on 0870 740 7850

    Write to us at Saddlesore PO Box 836 West Preston PR4 2GR
    ********************************

    The way to do this is to just type "saddlesore" into Google and select the "cache" (just after the
    URL). In this case I used the second entry from Google which gave me their cached handbuilt wheels
    page. That had a link to the Contact page, click the link (which fails of course) and copy and paste
    the link from your browser's address bar back into Google and select the "cache" link again. Simple
    really (once you've done it dozens of times as I have :-/

    And according to Nominet, the registrant for saddlesore.co.uk is a Mr
    P. Cross (although that could possibly be someone at their hosting company).

    Hope that helps.

    Graeme

  11. Liquidfox

    Liquidfox Guest

    "Peter Rollason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > This trading stds dept don't want to know - they have advised me to contact the one covered by my
    > postal address - but I desparatley need the postal address of saddlesore - or some help on how to
    > use an archiving tool.
    >
    > Pete.

    #may be inaccurate#

    #electoral roll

    PETER J CROSS 9 WELLINGTON STREET KIRKHAM PRESTON PR4 2JN

    #used for domain saddlesore.net

    Mr P Cross 9 Wellington Street LANCASHIRE, Pr4 2JN

    #used for postbox

    PO Box 836 West Preston PR4 2GR

    #website telephone 0870 740 7850

    #website fax 01772 684398

    #emails [email protected]

    #IP last seen 15 Oct 2002
    80.192.171.44

    #ISP blueyonder.co.uk

    http://www.streetmap.co.uk

    http://web.archive.org/web/20010302144417/www.saddlesore.co.uk/contact.htm

  12. Msa

    Msa Guest

    > #may be inaccurate#
    >
    > #electoral roll
    >
    > PETER J CROSS 9 WELLINGTON STREET KIRKHAM PRESTON PR4 2JN
    >
    > #used for domain saddlesore.net
    >
    > Mr P Cross 9 Wellington Street LANCASHIRE, Pr4 2JN
    >
    > #used for postbox
    >
    > PO Box 836 West Preston PR4 2GR
    >
    > #website telephone 0870 740 7850
    >
    > #website fax 01772 684398
    >
    > #emails [email protected]
    >
    > #IP last seen 15 Oct 2002
    > 80.192.171.44
    >
    > #ISP blueyonder.co.uk
    >

    > http://www.streetmap.co.uk
    >
    > http://web.archive.org/web/20010302144417/www.saddlesore.co.uk/contact.htm

    WEHEY!!!!!!!!!

    --
    Mark

    "Just ask yourself: What would Scooby Doo?"