safe / okay to join?

Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> deliciously
posted in news:[email protected]:

> Dog3 <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote in news:[email protected]:
>
>> --
>> Deathbed statement...
>>
>> "Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d. December 12, 1968
>>

> Michael,
>
> Tallulah was a first cousin of my father. The rare few times I had the opportunity to be in
> private company with her and family, it was really a hoot!
>
> Wayne

She had to be a blast to be around. She was outrageous.

Michael
--
Deathbed statement...

"Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d. December 12, 1968

Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> deliciously
posted in news:[email protected]:

> Dog3 <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote in news:[email protected]:
>
>> --
>> Deathbed statement...
>>
>> "Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d. December 12, 1968
>>

> Michael,
>
> Tallulah was a first cousin of my father. The rare few times I had the opportunity to be in
> private company with her and family, it was really a hoot!
>
> Wayne

She had to be a blast to be around. She was outrageous.

Michael
--
Deathbed statement...

"Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d. December 12, 1968

Steve Calvin <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
news:[email protected]:

> Dog3 wrote:
>
> <lol>
>>

>> I don't want to discuss routers, switches or cables ;) They make my life hell as it is. I'm glad
>> you got it straightened out and are back.
>>
>> Dinner tonight is burgers on the grill, twice fried fries, sauteed mushrooms and onions. Oh and
>> steamed broccoli which I found on sale.
>>
>> Michael
>
> okie-dokie! ;-)
>
> I had a house full of women doing crafts tonight. Threw myself together some steak, eggs, and
> homefries. I'd forgotten that breakfast for dinner is actually pretty good!

Mmmm... your breakfast dinner sound great. What type of steak did you fix? For some reason I always
seem to do a thinish rib eye when I whip up steak and eggs.

Michael

--
Deathbed statement...

"Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d. December 12, 1968

> On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 05:23:24 GMT, "projectile vomit chick" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > > Yet another trailor trash **** can't boil water... obviously. Airhead
> > should
> > > be ashamed of herself sneaking a gobble of her father in law's peepee at
> > the
> > > rear of the double wide... hillybillys are all alike.
> >
> > Psssst! You misspelled "trailer".

> Maybe he was testing you... yeahhh, that's it <Barb>.
>
> Ahem, I was testing Barb with my grammar usage in a different thread. Just wanted to see if she
> *were* awake or not. LOL!

I still don't get it. Color me Slow.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 2-19-04 -- Dufus picture posted!

> On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 05:23:24 GMT, "projectile vomit chick" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > > Yet another trailor trash **** can't boil water... obviously. Airhead
> > should
> > > be ashamed of herself sneaking a gobble of her father in law's peepee at
> > the
> > > rear of the double wide... hillybillys are all alike.
> >
> > Psssst! You misspelled "trailer".
> >

> Maybe he was testing you... yeahhh, that's it <Barb>.
>
> Ahem, I was testing Barb with my grammar usage in a different thread. Just wanted to see if she
> *were* awake or not. LOL!

OK, I think I've got this figured out -- you don't understand my use of English grammar's
subjunctive mood. Here's some info I found that explains it:
<http://www.bartleby.com/64/C001/061.html>
--

<[email protected]> wrote in message
> In rec.food.cooking, Randal Oulton wrote:

> > The archives, though, left me wondering if it were "safe" to join.
>
> If you try to join witout an invitation, we will hunt you down and kill you. HTH.
>
> - The Who

And put him on a spit. After all, this *is* a cooking group.

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 21:21:42 -0800, Terry Pulliam Burd
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Wayne, my father's family is from Winston County AL and, IIRC, Tallulah and her senator father were
>also from Winston County - Bankhead Nat'l Forest is named after him, I do believe. Small world.
>
>Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

And that would be the "Free State of " Winston county. I did a lot of work in that area. Pan Ohco

Dog3 wrote:

> > http://news.individual.net/
>
> Brian, I've seen this service in the past. Do you know how reliable it is? I don't need it but I
> know of some people that might utilize it. TIA.

It's pretty good. Adequate message retention and delivery, good selection of newsgroups other than
it carries no binaries. I use it at home with my bare-bones dialup provider, which doesn't have
news. You have to register for it, and set up you newsreader to send user id and password, but
that's no biggie.

Brian Rodenborn

[email protected] (Randal Oulton) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hi all,
>
> I'll been reading this group regularly for the past 6 months in the Google archives, and it seems
> like a fantastic group of people and I wanted to say hello.
>
> The archives, though, left me wondering if it were "safe" to join. In the archives, I saw over and
> over again that there was a rude, half-educated prat who used the name of PENMART01. His only
> contributions were copying and pasting other people's work, which has little value, and viciously
> attacking everyone else on the list with no provocation. Over and over again in the archives, I
> saw this prat go out of his way to insult, hurt, belittle and abuse other people for no reason. I
> didn't see any recent postings in the archives from him; has he gone away? Are the waters safe?
>
> Randal Oulton

If you want to play with the big boys, you have to be willing to take a few lumps.

Sheldon's postings aren't archived by Google. I suspect that Google tries to do some e-mail address
verification and is blocked by Sheldon's firewall. But that's just my guess.

-bwg

Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> In article <BC6AAA8D.47928%[email protected]>, Sheryl Rosen <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > I think this guy's a troll, and I'll tell you why. Sheldon's posts are not archived in Google.
> >
> > How would he know about Sheldon if the only read RFC from "archives"?
>
> Quoted posts.

Then why would there not have been recent ones?

-bwg

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (Barry Grau) wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<barbschaller-
> [email protected]>...
> > In article <BC6AAA8D.47928%[email protected]>, Sheryl Rosen <[email protected]> wrote:
> >

> > > I think this guy's a troll, and I'll tell you why. Sheldon's posts are not archived in Google.
> > >
> > > How would he know about Sheldon if the only read RFC from "archives"?
> >
> > Quoted posts.
>
> Then why would there not have been recent ones?
>
> -bwg

Barry, I just did a Google Advanced Groups Search and used Sheldon's given ID and mail address in
the "Find messages with all the words" box -- I got 617 hits for the time slot from January 1, 2004
until today. Looking randomly at only four of the first 20 on the results showed Sheldon being
quoted in others' posts.
--

[email protected] (Lynn Gifford) wrote:

> > Randal Oulton wrote:
> > > The archives, though, left me wondering if it were "safe" to join. In the archives, I saw over
> > > and over again that there was a rude, half-educated prat

> What's a prat? Lynn from Fargo

I've heard it used as a slang term for your behind, butt, hind end, ****, keester, *****, tush. . .
. "He fell on his prat." My mail program's dictionary says it's a slang term for buttocks. Now,
sprat, OTOH, are little herring fishies. And brat -- depending on the pronunciation that can be a
German sausage or someone like me. "-)
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 2-19-04 -- Dufus picture posted!

"Barry Grau" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > Quoted posts.
>
> Then why would there not have been recent ones?

Possibly because we've reached the point where anyone with at least two brain cells working has
already killfiled Sheldon. It's been a MUCH more pleasant place since I did that months ago.

Bob M.

Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Barry
> Grau) wrote:
>
> > Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<barbschaller-
> > [email protected]>...

> > > Quoted posts.
> >
> > Then why would there not have been recent ones?
> >
> > -bwg
>
> Barry, I just did a Google Advanced Groups Search and used Sheldon's given ID and mail address in
> the "Find messages with all the words" box -- I got 617 hits for the time slot from January 1,
> 2004 until today. Looking randomly at only four of the first 20 on the results showed Sheldon
> being quoted in others' posts.

Ah, so there are recent ones. I was taking the OP at face value. I see I shouldn't have. Oh well.

-bwg

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 13:46:17 -0600, Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Lynn
> Gifford) wrote:

>> What's a prat? Lynn from Fargo
>
> I've heard it used as a slang term for your behind, butt, hind end, ****, keester, *****, tush. .
> . . "He fell on his prat." My mail program's dictionary says it's a slang term for buttocks. Now,
> sprat, OTOH, are little herring fishies. And brat -- depending on the pronunciation that can be a
> German sausage or someone like me. "-)

The English-to-American dictionary would probably be of some help:
<http://www.english2american.com/index.html#index>

-Jeff B. yeff at erols dot com

Randal>> The archives, though, left me wondering if it were "safe" to join.

--------------------
Randal--just ignore Sheldon. We have long ago realized he is a lonely neurotic person filled with
hate. Don't even try to reply to him. Someone once said: "No one above me _would_ insult me. No one
below me _could_ insult me.

Nancree wrote:

> Randal>> The archives, though, left me wondering if it were "safe" to join.
>
> --------------------
> Randal--just ignore Sheldon. We have long ago realized he is a lonely neurotic person filled with
> hate. Don't even try to reply to him. Someone once said: "No one above me _would_ insult me. No
> one below me _could_ insult me.

Actually.. who's this "we" you mention? Many of "us" manage to see through the trolls who just post
negative things about him because they're really no better. But "some" seem a need to be insulting,
yet aren't they then stooping to doing exactly what they complain he does? I find much useful
helpful information in Sheldon's posts. As much if not more than "some" who complain about him. Go
figure? Goomba

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 06:27:30 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
<[email protected]> arranged random neurons, so
they looked like this:

>Terry Pulliam Burd <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
>
>It really is a small world, Terry. My father's family was originally from Cullman County which I
>believe is adjacent to Winston County. They later moved to Birmingham then, later still, moved on
>to NE Mississippi. The senator was quite a figure in AL in his day. Many local stories.

You're right - Cullman County is next door. One of my favorite "Winston County" stories was this:
during the Civil War, when Alabama seceded from the Union, Winston County "seceded" from the state.
I am not kidding. Evidently caused a huge stink from adjacent counties at the time, but Winston
County was (and is) dirt poor and must not have seen any durned reason to send their boys from the
farm to the fight.

Wish to hell I'd gotten my Alabama grandmother's fried chicken recipe before she died. Mine isn't
bad, but hers was a gift from the gods.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret had been as old as the bird, and if the
bird's breasts had been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very good dinner." Anonymous.

To reply, remove replace "shcox" with "cox"

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 10:36:39 -0600, Pan Ohco <[email protected]>
arranged random neurons, so they looked like this:

>On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 21:21:42 -0800, Terry Pulliam Burd <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Wayne, my father's family is from Winston County AL and, IIRC, Tallulah and her senator
>>father were also from Winston County - Bankhead Nat'l Forest is named after him, I do
>>believe. Small world.

>And that would be the "Free State of " Winston county. I did a lot of work in that area.

I just posted about that - yup, the locals take great pride in that designation, although my
grandmother referred to the Civil War as the "War of Northern Aggression" until the day she died.
'Course, her grandparents actually lived through it, so may have received a somewhat slanted
accounting.