safe / okay to join?

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 19:56:18 -0500, Goomba38 <[email protected]>
arranged random neurons, so they looked like this:

>Actually.. who's this "we" you mention? Many of "us" manage to see through the trolls who just post
>negative things about him because they're really no better. But "some" seem a need to be insulting,
>yet aren't they then stooping to doing exactly what they complain he does?

No. Very, very few here feel the urge to use scatological and obscene invective, as does Sheldon.

>I find much useful helpful information in Sheldon's posts. As much if not more than "some" who
>complain about him. Go figure?

We must agree to disagree on this one. Sheldon's repulsive behavior far outweighs any helpfulness he
might provide. Ever.

And, Sheldon...don't bother to respond. You've been killfiled for years and to respond would
show you to be the coward you are, hiding behind your monitor. Having said that, I retire from
the thread.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret had been as old as the bird, and if the
bird's breasts had been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very good dinner." Anonymous.

To reply, remove replace "shcox" with "cox"

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 09:10:33 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
<[email protected]> wrote:

> > > should
> > > the
> > >
> > > Psssst! You misspelled "trailer".
> > >

> > Maybe he was testing you... yeahhh, that's it <Barb>.
> >
> > Ahem, I was testing Barb with my grammar usage in a different thread. Just wanted to see if she
> > *were* awake or not. LOL!
>
> OK, I think I've got this figured out -- you don't understand my use of English grammar's
> subjunctive mood. Here's some info I found that explains it:
> <http://www.bartleby.com/64/C001/061.html>

Your use of grammar? I'm talking about my misuse.

Lightenen up, Lady!

"Barry Grau" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (Randal Oulton) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'll been reading this group regularly for the past 6 months in the Google archives, and it
> > seems like a fantastic group of people and I wanted to say hello.
> >
> > The archives, though, left me wondering if it were "safe" to join. In the archives, I saw over
> > and over again that there was a rude, half-educated prat who used the name of PENMART01. His
> > only contributions were copying and pasting other people's work, which has little value, and
> > viciously attacking everyone else on the list with no provocation. Over and over again in the
> > archives, I saw this prat go out of his way to insult, hurt, belittle and abuse other people for
> > no reason. I didn't see any recent postings in the archives from him; has he gone away? Are the
> > waters safe?
> >
> > Randal Oulton
>

> If you want to play with the big boys, you have to be willing to take a few lumps.
>
> Sheldon's postings aren't archived by Google. I suspect that Google tries to do some e-mail
> address verification and is blocked by Sheldon's firewall. But that's just my guess.

Firewalls have nothing to do with e-mail verification ( unless you host your own domain and have
your own mail server at home ). Your mail record can be verified via your ISP, your PC doesn't even
need to be turned on.

Terry Pulliam Burd <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 06:27:30 GMT, Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> arranged
> random neurons, so they looked like this:
>
>>Terry Pulliam Burd <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
>>
>>It really is a small world, Terry. My father's family was originally from Cullman County which I
>>believe is adjacent to Winston County. They later moved to Birmingham then, later still, moved on
>>to NE Mississippi. The senator was quite a figure in AL in his day. Many local stories.
>>
> You're right - Cullman County is next door. One of my favorite "Winston County" stories was this:
> during the Civil War, when Alabama seceded from the Union, Winston County "seceded" from the
> state. I am not kidding. Evidently caused a huge stink from adjacent counties at the time, but
> Winston County was (and is) dirt poor and must not have seen any durned reason to send their boys
> from the farm to the fight.

That's something I didn't know, Terry. Very interesting.

> Wish to hell I'd gotten my Alabama grandmother's fried chicken recipe before she died. Mine isn't
> bad, but hers was a gift from the gods.

Bet she just used seasoned flour and fried it in lard and drippings in a black iron skillet. That's
how my grandmother always made it. She also put it on a rack in a slow oven for a bit after frying.

Wayne

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:

> On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 19:56:18 -0500, Goomba38 <[email protected]> arranged random neurons, so
> they looked like this:
>
> >Actually.. who's this "we" you mention? Many of "us" manage to see through the trolls who just
> >post negative things about him because they're really no better. But "some" seem a need to be
> >insulting, yet aren't they then stooping to doing exactly what they complain he does?
>
> No. Very, very few here feel the urge to use scatological and obscene invective, as does Sheldon.
>
> >I find much useful helpful information in Sheldon's posts. As much if not more than "some" who
> >complain about him. Go figure?
>
> We must agree to disagree on this one. Sheldon's repulsive behavior far outweighs any helpfulness
> he might provide. Ever.

Squeaks- I've gotta say I find some folks attempts to "censor" him on this open forum as unpleasant
as his language and references sometimes. That's why it's up to each and everyone one of us to
police *only* ourselves. As for this person coming in pretending to be some newbie and afraid to
post lest Sheldon notice their quivering namby ways...well I don't buy it for a minute. There are
just too many vulgar people here to always just pick that one alone time and again by coincidence to
use as an example. Projectile Vomit Chick certainly qualifies. WHY don't these complainers seem to
randomly pick one of them? Hmmmm.. sure looks suspicious to me of a Brad type person looking to
whine once again about Sheldon.

A swing and a miss.

"PENMART01" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20040302213107.09068.00000643@mb-
m14.aol.com...
> Randal Oulton hummmmmmmms:
> >
> >Cookie....Cookie..............Cookie.....

momma,
> even his grandmomma, and his sister, and his aunt, and even his scuzzy
piglet
> of a daughter... hiya Randal... watch now how I bust your little hussy daughter's berry, what is
> she fourteen, a crispy critter! Cook something
for
> us, Randal... YOU FAKE!
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =--- ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =--- Sheldon
> ```````````` "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."

> On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 09:10:33 -0600, Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:

> > > Maybe he was testing you... yeahhh, that's it <Barb>.
> > >
> > > Ahem, I was testing Barb with my grammar usage in a different thread. Just wanted to see if
> > > she *were* awake or not. LOL!

> > OK, I think I've got this figured out -- you don't understand my use of English grammar's
> > subjunctive mood. Here's some info I found that explains it:
> > <http://www.bartleby.com/64/C001/061.html>

> Your use of grammar? I'm talking about my misuse.

Sorry. I couldn't tell from your post; it didn't make much sense to me.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 2-19-04 -- Dufus picture posted!

"Goomba38" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> > >I find much useful helpful information in Sheldon's posts. As much if
not more than
> > >"some" who complain about him. Go figure?
> >
> > We must agree to disagree on this one. Sheldon's repulsive behavior far outweighs any
> > helpfulness he might provide. Ever.
>
> Squeaks- I've gotta say I find some folks attempts to "censor" him on this
open forum as
> unpleasant as his language and references sometimes. That's why it's up
to each and
> everyone one of us to police *only* ourselves.

I don't know what you mean by an attempt to "censor" Sheldon. All I've seen - and for that matter,
personally offered - are observations that killfiling him makes the group a much more pleasant
place. That's what I've found, at least, and it doesn't hurt a bit to remind people that (at least
with most decent newsreaders) THEY control what they see. Sheldon is still free to post whatever
filth he wants, at least until his ISP judges that he's stepped over whatever line they may choose
to impose; no one here can or should change that. But quite frankly, I find zero positive value in
his posts, and a lot of negative. The few times he provides valid, helpful information, it's
something that could quickly be found via any number of sources on the web (and quite often, those
sources are precisely where it was cut-and-pasted from in the first place). Thanks, but no thanks.

Bob M.

Sheldon showered us with:

> >"PENMART01" wrote:
> >>
> >> Obviously the ignorant douche bag is ascared because of lack of cooking confidence, ascared
> >> I'll rip the stupid hillybilly a new asshole...
c'mon
> >you

> >DOUBLE DD
> >> CUP DARE YOU, *COWARDLY WIMP*... what kinda friggin' hillybilly name is
> >Randal
> >> Gump, scum bag six fingered motherhumper... c'mon, post something you
know
> >> cook, and don't tell me grits, WUSS!
> >>
> >> Ahahahahahahahahahaha. . . .
> >

> >See? Nothing to be afraid of.
>
> Yet another trailor trash **** can't boil water... obviously. Airhead
should
> be ashamed of herself sneaking a gobble of her father in law's peepee at
the
> rear of the double wide... hillybillys are all alike.

What would this group be without Sheldon's maledictions?

--
Best Greg ;-p

Bob Myers wrote:

> I don't know what you mean by an attempt to "censor" Sheldon. All I've seen - and for that matter,
> personally offered - are observations that killfiling him makes the group a much more pleasant
> place. That's what I've found, at least, and it doesn't hurt a bit to remind people that (at least
> with most decent newsreaders) THEY control what they see. Sheldon is still free to post whatever
> filth he wants, at least until his ISP judges that he's stepped over whatever line they may choose
> to impose; no one here can or should change that. But quite frankly, I find zero positive value in
> his posts, and a lot of negative. The few times he provides valid, helpful information, it's
> something that could quickly be found via any number of sources on the web (and quite often, those
> sources are precisely where it was cut-and-pasted from in the first place). Thanks, but no thanks.

Yeah, but Sheldon is *never* boring. And that is a wonderful thing to behold on a newsgroup :)

--
Best Greg

"Gregory Morrow" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:p[email protected]...

> Yeah, but Sheldon is *never* boring. And that is a wonderful thing to behold on a newsgroup :)

It must take an awful lot to bore you, then. As for me, I find an endless stream of vulgarity and
general rudeness gets boring VERY quickly. And, thankfully, I don't have to read it...

Bob M.

> Randal Oulton wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'll been reading this group regularly for the past 6 months in the Google archives, and it
> > seems like a fantastic group of people and I wanted to say hello.
> >
> (snip)
> > Randal Oulton
>
> Hello! We don't bite (too hard).
>
> Jill

and only if you ask us to...:)

be careful posting though..someone from here reported me for being OT when I defended myself a while
back.. I am guessing that they will now report me again..

Laura wrote: <snip>

>>Hello! We don't bite (too hard).
>>
>>Jill
>

> and only if you ask us to...:)
>
> be careful posting though..someone from here reported me for being OT when I defended myself a
> while back.. I am guessing that they will now report me again..

Is there a sign up sheet? <wag>

You were reported to whom? I mean who in the h*ll would really care? OT in RFC?!?!? I'm shocked! ;-)

--
Steve

Bob Myers wrote:

> "Gregory Morrow" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > What would this group be without Sheldon's maledictions?
>
> Much more enjoyable?
>
> It sure seems that way to ME, at least, since I killfiled the moron months ago....
>
> Bob M.

LOL yet you continue to scarf up every word said to, from or about him so to add your comments.
Something's wrong with this logic methinks? Goomba

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 22:07:58 GMT, "Gregory Morrow"
<[email protected]> arranged random neurons,
so they looked like this:

>What would this group be without Sheldon's maledictions?

Perhaps a more pleasant place? Look, Greg, I have Sheldon killfiled and have for years. When you
quote his invective, it's like taking him out of my killfile without warning. Please, please do not
quote him without a warning, would you?

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret had been as old as the bird, and if the
bird's breasts had been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very good dinner." Anonymous.

To reply, remove replace "shcox" with "cox"

You go girl. I'm assuming that the Navy's "Don't ask, Don't tell" policy doesn't apply to sub 50
IQ's. Can you verify that by looking at your discharge papers?

"PENMART01" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20040304121055.22806.00000761@mb-
m10.aol.com...
> > "Curandera" pouts:
> >
> >A swing and a miss.

your

> >"PENMART01" wrote:
> >>
> >> Randal Oulton hummmmmmmms:

> >momma,
> >> even his grandmomma, and his sister, and his aunt, and even his scuzzy
> >piglet
> >> of a daughter... hiya Randal... watch now how I bust your little hussy daughter's berry, what
> >> is she fourteen, a crispy critter! Cook
something
> >for
> >> us, Randal... YOU FAKE!
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =--- ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =--- Sheldon
> ```````````` "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 08:16:39 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
<[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:
>

> > Your use of grammar? I'm talking about my misuse.
>
> Sorry. I couldn't tell from your post; it didn't make much sense to me.

I haven't even tried to find the post where I said "were" and you criticized it. But if that post
didn't make any sense, then my subsequent point is made... the grammar police got me.

someone reported me to my isp. They were off the bat going to sanction me for it, but researched the
conversation and decided I was the victim. they don't tell you who complained.

--
Laura

GAYLAN FOR PRESIDENT!

berlin.de...