safe / okay to join?

"WiScottsin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Barry Grau" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Sheldon's postings aren't archived by Google. I suspect that Google tries to do some e-mail
> > address verification and is blocked by Sheldon's firewall. But that's just my guess.
> >
> Firewalls have nothing to do with e-mail verification ( unless you host your own domain and have
> your own mail server at home ). Your mail record can be verified via your ISP, your PC doesn't
> even need to be turned on.

All right, then why doesn't Google archive Sheldon's postings?

-bwg

On 2 Mar 2004 14:38:02 -0800, [email protected] (Randal Oulton)
wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I'll been reading this group regularly for the past 6
>months in the Google archives, and it seems like a
>fantastic group of people and I wanted to say hello.
>
>The archives, though, left me wondering if it were "safe"
>to join. In the archives, I saw over and over again that
>there was a rude, half-educated prat who used the name of
>PENMART01. His only contributions were copying and pasting
>other people's work, which has little value, and viciously
>attacking everyone else on the list with no provocation.
>Over and over again in the archives, I saw this prat go out
>of his way to insult, hurt, belittle and abuse other people
>for no reason. I didn't see any recent postings in the
>archives from him; has he gone away? Are the waters safe?
>
>Randal Oulton

TROLL - and a passive-aggressive TROLL, at that...

because there is a line he or me or anyone can put in a
post that will keep google from archiving the post. And if
you want to go through the labor, some turds have even
been known to delete them from google,with google will
allow also..

it is all explained on the google site...

--
Laura

GAYLAN FOR PRESIDENT

I am a proud member of the mercury amalgam lyme antibiotic
incest multiple sclerosis fiboromylagia vaccination
survivors group. <troll trap>

"Barry Grau" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "WiScottsin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > "Barry Grau" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Sheldon's postings aren't archived by Google. I
> > > suspect that Google tries to do some e-mail address
> > > verification and is blocked by Sheldon's firewall. But
> > > that's just my guess.
> > >
> > Firewalls have nothing to do with e-mail verification (
> > unless you host
your
> > own domain and have your own mail server at home ). Your
> > mail record
can be
> > verified via your ISP, your PC doesn't even need to be
> > turned on.
>
> All right, then why doesn't Google archive Sheldon's
> postings?
>
> -bwg

On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 21:08:14 GMT, "Laura"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> because there is a line he or me or anyone can put in a
> post that will keep google from archiving the post. And
> if you want to go through the labor, some turds have even
> been known to delete them from google,with google will
> allow also..

What's wrong with that? I've mistakenly posted what I
meant to be private. I've also removed my own posts for
other reasons.

> it is all explained on the google site...

# How can I remove articles from Google's archive?

Google will honor requests to remove messages that you have
posted yourself (known as nuking a post). You may even be
able to do this yourself using our Automatic Removal Tool.
Please find the circumstance below that applies to you and
follow the instructions there. <snip>

------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C40471.960C71B0 Content-Type:
text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding:
quoted-printable

troll like people have been known to make a wild accusation,
then delete = the original post from google and swear to
have never made it...that is = the type of deletion I find
unethical. By all means, a post sent to a = group in error,
delete it from google if you must. It is the other = reasons
that some have for deleting their messages that are suspect
at = times.

For neophytes - google has zero impact on your messages
distribution.. = Think of it in a way as a very public news-
server that happens to = never get purged and lets everyone
see it.. Deleting it from google = will not stop the
message from being distributed the way internet news =
normally is. Laura

GAYLAN FOR PRESIDENT

I am a proud member of the mercury amalgam lyme antibiotic
incest = multiple sclerosis fiboromylagia vaccination
survivors group. <troll =
trap>

"sf" <[email protected]> wrote in message =
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 21:08:14 GMT, "Laura"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>=20
> > because there is a line he or me or anyone can put in a
> > post that =
will keep
> > google from archiving the post. And if you want to go
> > through the =
labor,
> > some turds have even been known to delete them from
> > google,with =
google will
> > allow also..
>=20
> What's wrong with that? I've mistakenly posted what I
> meant to be private. I've also removed my own posts for
> other reasons. =20
> > =20
> > it is all explained on the google site...
>=20
> # How can I remove articles from Google's archive?
>=20
> Google will honor requests to remove messages that you
> have posted yourself (known as nuking a post). You may
> even be able to do this yourself using our Automatic
> Removal Tool. Please find the circumstance below that
> applies to you and follow the instructions there. <snip>
>=20 20
> Practice safe eating - always use condiments
------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C40471.960C71B0 Content-Type:
text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding:
quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0
Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-
Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META
content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>troll like people have been known
to make a wild =

accusation, then delete the original post from google and
swear to have = never=20 made it...that is the type of
deletion I find unethical. By all means, a = post=20 sent to
a group in error, delete it from google if you must.
It is = the=20 other reasons that some have for deleting
their messages that are = suspect at=20 times.</FONT></DIV>
<DV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT> </DIV>
<DVI><FONT face=3DArial>For neophytes - google has zero
impact on your = messages=20 distribution.. Think of
it <EM>in a way</EM> as a very=20 public news-
server that happens to never get purged =
and=20 lets everyone see it.. Deleting it
from google will not stop the = message=20 from being
distributed the way internet news normally =
is.<BR>Laura</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT> </DIV>
<DV><FONT face=3DArial>GAYLAN FOR PRESIDENT</FONT></DIV>
<DVI><FONT face=3DArial></FONT> </DIV>
<DVII><FONT face=3DArial>I am a proud member of the mercury
amalgam lyme = antibiotic=20 incest multiple
sclerosis fiboromylagia vaccination survivors group.
= <troll=20 trap><BR></FONT></DIV>
<DVIII><FONT face=3DArial>"sf" <</FONT><A =
href=3D"mailto:[email protected]"><FONT=20
face=3DArial>[email protected]</FONT></A><FONT
face=3DArial>> wrote = in message=20 </FONT><A hr-
ef=3D"news:[email protected]
m"><FONT =

face=3DArial>news:[email protected]
m</FONT></A><F= ONT=20 face=3DArial>...</FONT></DIV><FONT
face=3DArial>> On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 =
21:08:14=20 GMT, "Laura"<BR>> <</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:[email protected]"><FONT=20
face=3DArial>[email protected]</FONT></A><-
FONT = face=3DArial>>=20 wrote:<BR>> <BR>>
> because there is a line he or me or =
anyone=20 can put in a post that will keep<BR>>
> google from = archiving the=20 post.
And if you want to go through the labor,<BR>>
> = some=20 turds have even been known to
delete them from google,with google = will<BR>>=20
> allow also..<BR>> <BR>> What's wrong
with that? = I've=20 mistakenly posted what I
meant<BR>> to be private. I've also = removed
my=20 own posts for other<BR>> reasons.
<BR>> > <BR>>=20 > it is all
explained on the google site...<BR>> <BR>> # =
How can=20 I remove articles from Google's
archive?<BR>> <BR>> Google will = honor=20
requests to remove messages that you have<BR>>
posted yourself (known = as=20 nuking a post). You may
even be<BR>> able to do this yourself using =
our=20 Automatic Removal Tool.<BR>> Please find the
circumstance below that = applies=20 to you
and<BR>> follow the instructions there.<BR>> =
<snip><BR>>=20 <BR>> <BR>> Practice
safe eating - always use=20
condiments</FONT></BODY></HTML>

"Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> because there is a line he or me or anyone can put in a
> post that will keep google from archiving the post. And if
> you want to go through the labor, some turds have even
> been known to delete them from google,with google will
> allow also..
>
> it is all explained on the google site...

But unless Sheldon has changed his posting habits, he
doesn't set the x-no-archive flag.

-bwg