safe / okay to join?

Randal Oulton

Guest
Hi all,

I'll been reading this group regularly for the past 6 months in the Google archives, and it seems
like a fantastic group of people and I wanted to say hello.

The archives, though, left me wondering if it were "safe" to join. In the archives, I saw over and
over again that there was a rude, half-educated prat who used the name of PENMART01. His only
contributions were copying and pasting other people's work, which has little value, and viciously
attacking everyone else on the list with no provocation. Over and over again in the archives, I saw
this prat go out of his way to insult, hurt, belittle and abuse other people for no reason. I didn't
see any recent postings in the archives from him; has he gone away? Are the waters safe?

Randal Oulton

Randal Oulton wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'll been reading this group regularly for the past 6 months in the Google archives, and it seems
> like a fantastic group of people and I wanted to say hello.

Hello to you. Put on your armor and jump in.

nancy

Randal Oulton wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'll been reading this group regularly for the past 6 months in the Google archives, and it seems
> like a fantastic group of people and I wanted to say hello.

(snip)
> Randal Oulton

Hello! We don't bite (too hard).

Jill

Randal Oulton wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'll been reading this group regularly for the past 6 months in the Google archives, and it seems
> like a fantastic group of people and I wanted to say hello.
>
> The archives, though, left me wondering if it were "safe" to join. In the archives, I saw over and
> over again that there was a rude, half-educated prat who used the name of PENMART01. His only
> contributions were copying and pasting other people's work, which has little value, and viciously
> attacking everyone else on the list with no provocation. Over and over again in the archives, I
> saw this prat go out of his way to insult, hurt, belittle and abuse other people for no reason. I
> didn't see any recent postings in the archives from him; has he gone away? Are the waters safe?

While I don't think too many people will disagree with you about PENMART, don't you find it a little
ironic that you come in wanting to be assured that it is "safe" and then turn right around and
attack someone?

[email protected] (Randal Oulton) deliciously posted in
news:[email protected]:

> Hi all,
>
> I'll been reading this group regularly for the past 6 months in the Google archives, and it seems
> like a fantastic group of people and I wanted to say hello.

Hi there, and welcome.

> The archives, though, left me wondering if it were "safe" to join.

Just an FYI. You don't join a newsgroup, you subscribe to it. It's Usenet not a private listserv
situation. Any and everyone can post to it and read it as it is in the public domain and not
moderated. You were wise to lurk for a few months. And yes, it is safe to read and post to this
group. Just ignore or filter out what you don't want to read.

> In the archives, I saw over and over again that there was a rude, half-educated prat who used the
> name of PENMART01. His only contributions were copying and pasting other people's work, which has
> little value, and viciously attacking everyone else on the list with no provocation. Over and over
> again in the archives, I saw this prat go out of his way to insult, hurt, belittle and abuse other
> people for no reason. I didn't see any recent postings in the archives from him; has he gone away?
> Are the waters safe?
>
> Randal Oulton

Sheldon is not going away and I find he contributes a great deal. Yes, some people find him
difficuly. Just use your killfile and you'll not see him unless someone replies to him. Now, why did
you single Sheldon out? Plenty of other people fit your description above more than Sheldon does.

Michael
--
Deathbed statement...

"Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d. December 12, 1968

Dave Smith <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
news:[email protected]:

> Randal Oulton wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'll been reading this group regularly for the past 6 months in the Google archives, and it seems
>> like a fantastic group of people and I wanted to say hello.
>>
>> The archives, though, left me wondering if it were "safe" to join. In the archives, I saw over
>> and over again that there was a rude, half-educated prat who used the name of PENMART01. His only
>> contributions were copying and pasting other people's work, which has little value, and viciously
>> attacking everyone else on the list with no provocation. Over and over again in the archives, I
>> saw this prat go out of his way to insult, hurt, belittle and abuse other people for no reason. I
>> didn't see any recent postings in the archives from him; has he gone away? Are the waters safe?
>
> While I don't think too many people will disagree with you about PENMART, don't you find it a
> little ironic that you come in wanting to be assured that it is "safe" and then turn right around
> and attack someone?

It's either a true newbie or it's trolling. I hope it has some decent recipes and tips to post.

Michael

--

Randal Oulton wrote:

> The archives, though, left me wondering if it were "safe" to join. In the archives, I saw over and
> over again that there was a rude, half-educated prat who used the name of PENMART01.

I recommend getting a real news service and newsreader, rather than trying to use google. That way
you can apply newsgroup filters to unpleasant people and block their posts.

If your ISP doesn't provide access to newsgroups, then you can sign up for free at:

http://news.individual.net/

Brian Rodenborn

Dog3 wrote:
> [email protected] (Randal Oulton) deliciously posted in
> news:[email protected]:
<snip>

>>In the archives, I saw over and over again that there was a rude, half-educated prat who used the
>>name of PENMART01. His only contributions were copying and pasting other people's work, which has
>>little value, and viciously attacking everyone else on the list with no provocation. Over and over
>>again in the archives, I saw this prat go out of his way to insult, hurt, belittle and abuse other
>>people for no reason. I didn't see any recent postings in the archives from him; has he gone away?
>>Are the waters safe?
>>
>>Randal Oulton
>

> Sheldon is not going away and I find he contributes a great deal. Yes, some people find him
> difficuly. Just use your killfile and you'll not see him unless someone replies to him. Now,
> why did you single Sheldon out? Plenty of other people fit your description above more than
> Sheldon does.
>
> Michael

I think that Micheal pretty much answered your questions.

I'm just wondering if this is someone from the past coming back.... hmmmm.... remains to be seen
I suppose.

And to everyone.... I'm back. ;-)) I finally got "life" straightened around, for the time being at
least. I also got my home network straightened out after some major overhauls. (Anyone need a
802.11b wireless router and pcmia cards? ;-) )

I suppose that I've missed quite a bit so I should probably spend some time googling as well.

--
Steve

Default User <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
news:[email protected]:

> Randal Oulton wrote:
>
>> The archives, though, left me wondering if it were "safe" to join. In the archives, I saw over
>> and over again that there was a rude, half-educated prat who used the name of PENMART01.
>

> I recommend getting a real news service and newsreader, rather than trying to use google. That way
> you can apply newsgroup filters to unpleasant people and block their posts.
>
> If your ISP doesn't provide access to newsgroups, then you can sign up for free at:
>
> http://news.individual.net/
>

> Brian Rodenborn

Brian, I've seen this service in the past. Do you know how reliable it is? I don't need it but I
know of some people that might utilize it. TIA.

Michael
--
Deathbed statement...

"Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d. December 12, 1968

Steve Calvin <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
news:[email protected]:

> Dog3 wrote:
>> [email protected] (Randal Oulton) deliciously posted in
>> news:[email protected]:
> <snip>
>>
>>>In the archives, I saw over and over again that there was a rude, half-educated prat who used the
>>>name of PENMART01. His only contributions were copying and pasting other people's work, which has
>>>little value, and viciously attacking everyone else on the list with no provocation. Over and
>>>over again in the archives, I saw this prat go out of his way to insult, hurt, belittle and abuse
>>>other people for no reason. I didn't see any recent postings in the archives from him; has he
>>>gone away? Are the waters safe?
>>>
>>>Randal Oulton
>>

>> Sheldon is not going away and I find he contributes a great deal. Yes, some people find him
>> difficuly. Just use your killfile and you'll not see him unless someone replies to him. Now,
>> why did you single Sheldon out? Plenty of other people fit your description above more than
>> Sheldon does.
>>
>> Michael
>
> I think that Micheal pretty much answered your questions.
>
> I'm just wondering if this is someone from the past coming back.... hmmmm.... remains to be seen I
> suppose.
>
> And to everyone.... I'm back. ;-)) I finally got "life" straightened around, for the time being at
> least. I also got my home network straightened out after some major overhauls. (Anyone need a
> 802.11b wireless router and pcmia cards? ;-) )
>
> I suppose that I've missed quite a bit so I should probably spend some time googling as well.

I don't want to discuss routers, switches or cables ;) They make my life hell as it is. I'm glad you
got it straightened out and are back.

Dinner tonight is burgers on the grill, twice fried fries, sauteed mushrooms and onions. Oh and
steamed broccoli which I found on sale.

Michael
--

Randal Oulton wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'll been reading this group regularly for the past 6 months in the Google archives, and it seems
> like a fantastic group of people and I wanted to say hello.
>
> The archives, though, left me wondering if it were "safe" to join.

When you say "safe," what exactly are you afraid might happen? If you're afraid that someone might
aim mean, sarcastic remarks in your direction, then no, it is not safe. I also suggest that you
never climb out from under your bed because someone might say something mean on the streets, and a
telemarketer might say something mean in your telephone. Whatever you do, don't date or marry.
Spouses are horrible about that sort of thing.

Maybe by "safe" you mean you're afraid you'll make a fool of yourself by showing yourself to be
absurdly sensitive about usenet normality and by not knowing how to use a killfile. In that case, oh
never mind.

--Lia

"Dog3" <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Default User <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
> news:[email protected]:
>
> > Randal Oulton wrote:
> >
> >> The archives, though, left me wondering if it were "safe" to join. In the archives, I saw over
> >> and over again that there was a rude, half-educated prat who used the name of PENMART01.
> >

> > I recommend getting a real news service and newsreader, rather than trying to use google. That
> > way you can apply newsgroup filters to unpleasant people and block their posts.
> >
> > If your ISP doesn't provide access to newsgroups, then you can sign up for free at:
> >
> > http://news.individual.net/
> >

> > Brian Rodenborn
> >

> Brian, I've seen this service in the past. Do you know how reliable it
is?
> I don't need it but I know of some people that might utilize it. TIA.
>
> Michael
> --
> Deathbed statement...
>
> "Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d. December 12, 1968

I use it, it's a lot better than my ISP's, that's for sure...

It does drop posts pretty quick, but if you have a chance to check every few days at least, you
don't miss a thing. I've been using it for a year now, and it's workin'.... :)

>Julia Altshuler
>
>Randal Oulton wrote:
>>
>> The archives, though, left me wondering if it were "safe" to join.
>

>When you say "safe," what exactly are you afraid.

Obviously the ignorant douche bag is ascared because of lack of cooking confidence, ascared I'll rip
the stupid hillybilly a new asshole... c'mon you

CUP DARE YOU, *COWARDLY WIMP*... what kinda friggin' hillybilly name is Randal Gump, scum bag six
fingered motherhumper... c'mon, post something you know to cook, and don't tell me grits, WUSS!

Ahahahahahahahahahaha. . . .

"PENMART01" wrote:
> Obviously the ignorant douche bag is ascared because of lack of cooking confidence, ascared I'll
> rip the stupid hillybilly a new asshole... c'mon
you

DOUBLE DD
> CUP DARE YOU, *COWARDLY WIMP*... what kinda friggin' hillybilly name is
Randal
> Gump, scum bag six fingered motherhumper... c'mon, post something you know
> cook, and don't tell me grits, WUSS!
>
> Ahahahahahahahahahaha. . . .

See? Nothing to be afraid of.

<unless it IS grits...

"Carrie-Lou Salter" <[email protected]> deliciously posted
in news:[email protected]:

> "Dog3" <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Default User <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
>> news:[email protected]:

>> > I recommend getting a real news service and newsreader, rather than trying to use google. That
>> > way you can apply newsgroup filters to unpleasant people and block their posts.
>> >
>> > If your ISP doesn't provide access to newsgroups, then you can sign up for free at:
>> >
>> > http://news.individual.net/
>> >

>> > Brian Rodenborn
>> >

>> Brian, I've seen this service in the past. Do you know how reliable it
> is?
>> I don't need it but I know of some people that might utilize it. TIA.
>>
>> Michael
>> --
>> Deathbed statement...
>>
>> "Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d. December 12, 1968
>
> I use it, it's a lot better than my ISP's, that's for sure...
>
> It does drop posts pretty quick, but if you have a chance to check every few days at least, you
> don't miss a thing. I've been using it for a year now, and it's workin'.... :)

Hey! Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Michael
--
Deathbed statement...

"Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d. December 12, 1968

Cookie....Cookie..............Cookie.....

If you're going to troll get back on the water.

"Randal Oulton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi all,
>
> I'll been reading this group regularly for the past 6 months in the Google archives, and it seems
> like a fantastic group of people and I wanted to say hello.
>
> The archives, though, left me wondering if it were "safe" to join. In the archives, I saw over and
> over again that there was a rude, half-educated prat who used the name of PENMART01. His only
> contributions were copying and pasting other people's work, which has little value, and viciously
> attacking everyone else on the list with no provocation. Over and over again in the archives, I
> saw this prat go out of his way to insult, hurt, belittle and abuse other people for no reason. I
> didn't see any recent postings in the archives from him; has he gone away? Are the waters safe?
>
> Randal Oulton

in article [email protected], Dave Smith at

> Randal Oulton wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'll been reading this group regularly for the past 6 months in the Google archives, and it seems
>> like a fantastic group of people and I wanted to say hello.
>>
>> The archives, though, left me wondering if it were "safe" to join. In the archives, I saw over
>> and over again that there was a rude, half-educated prat who used the name of PENMART01. His only
>> contributions were copying and pasting other people's work, which has little value, and viciously
>> attacking everyone else on the list with no provocation. Over and over again in the archives, I
>> saw this prat go out of his way to insult, hurt, belittle and abuse other people for no reason. I
>> didn't see any recent postings in the archives from him; has he gone away? Are the waters safe?
>
> While I don't think too many people will disagree with you about PENMART, don't you find it a
> little ironic that you come in wanting to be assured that it is "safe" and then turn right around
> and attack someone?

I think this guy's a troll, and I'll tell you why. Sheldon's posts are not archived in Google.

How would he know about Sheldon if the only read RFC from "archives"? Is there another archive
besides Google?

Randal Oulton hummmmmmmms:

>Cookie....Cookie..............Cookie.....

even his grandmomma, and his sister, and his aunt, and even his scuzzy piglet of a daughter... hiya
Randal... watch now how I bust your little hussy daughter's berry, what is she fourteen, a crispy
critter! Cook something for us, Randal... YOU FAKE!

"Randal Oulton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi all,
>
> I'll been reading this group regularly for the past 6 months in the Google archives, and it seems
> like a fantastic group of people and I wanted to say hello.
>
> The archives, though, left me wondering if it were "safe" to join. In the archives, I saw over and
> over again that there was a rude, half-educated prat who used the name of PENMART01. His only
> contributions were copying and pasting other people's work, which has little value, and viciously
> attacking everyone else on the list with no provocation. Over and over again in the archives, I
> saw this prat go out of his way to insult, hurt, belittle and abuse other people for no reason. I
> didn't see any recent postings in the archives from him; has he gone away? Are the waters safe?

I guess there are assholes everywhere, even in Toronto, eh? Go finish your homework and give Mommy
back her computer, that's a good little boy. Now it's time for beddy-by. Sleep tight. Do not talk to
us any more, we are your elders and superiors.

pavane

Dog3 wrote:
> Dave Smith <[email protected]> deliciously posted in news:[email protected]:
>
>> Randal Oulton wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'll been reading this group regularly for the past 6 months in the Google archives, and it
>>> seems like a fantastic group of people and I wanted to say hello.
>>>
>>> The archives, though, left me wondering if it were "safe" to join. In the archives, I saw over
>>> and over again that there was a rude, half-educated prat who used the name of PENMART01. His
>>> only contributions were copying and pasting other people's work, which has little value, and
>>> viciously attacking everyone else on the list with no provocation. Over and over again in the
>>> archives, I saw this prat go out of his way to insult, hurt, belittle and abuse other people for
>>> no reason. I didn't see any recent postings in the archives from him; has he gone away? Are the
>>> waters safe?
>>
>> While I don't think too many people will disagree with you about PENMART, don't you find it a
>> little ironic that you come in wanting to be assured that it is "safe" and then turn right around
>> and attack someone?
>
> It's either a true newbie or it's trolling. I hope it has some decent recipes and tips to post.
>
> Michael
>
> --
> Deathbed statement...
>
> "Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d. December 12, 1968

Is "Brad" back? If it walks like a duck, then it must be Brad.

BOB betting I'll get attacked and "brad" will deny all this