Safest Bike To Buy In A Busy City?

sheggy6

Jun 2, 2015
Berlin
I currently live in Berlin and was wondering what kind of bike I should start investing into? I use it to commute from work and back and biking around town for the day to meet up with friends. Distances vary from 1Km to 20Km.

It appears I have accidentally made a duplicate of my forum topic. I have to apologize to anyone who sees this.

Did you try going to a shop and looking for one? I think you could find a lot that are suitable where they are reliable on the road.

I did, however when I entered I'm bombarded with a myriad of information, and I'm not too sure if I'm really getting the best deal out of the situation as a result. What traits of a bike should I look out for? Anything specific tips to help me make sure I get the best deal?

One with brakes and a headlight and taillight.

The safety is in the rider, not the bike.

The rider makes the bike safe not the other way around! Follow ALL the rules and laws pertaining to the use of bikes on roadways in your country. Don't ride with earbuds, pay attention, look ahead, listen all around.

Having said that you should get a bike that has wider tires and are at least 28mm with 32 being idea. Lights front and rear with multiple ones on the rear will help; also wearing a neon green shirt or safety vest will help. Make sure the bike is mechanically sound.

If you're talking about theft a fixy is the safest. Light too. Less to steal. Get the brightest lights you can afford.

Any bike is safe. It depends on how you ride it. Do you get tired after cycling for a short distance? If you do not like cycling for longer distances then consider buying an electric bike. It will help you avoid the traffic jams and also save your energy.