safety flag for childs trailer

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by [email protected], Apr 1, 2006.

  1. Anyone know where I can buy one of these - have got a Philips trailer,
    but flag has broken. Otherwise thought I can get fibreglass sections
    etc from kite suppliers possibly ? Anyone know if sjs or other shops
    sell these as separate parts ?

    Tags:

  2. Tim Hall

    Tim Hall Guest

    On 1 Apr 2006 22:47:23 -0800, [email protected] wrote:

    >Anyone know where I can buy one of these - have got a Philips trailer,
    >but flag has broken. Otherwise thought I can get fibreglass sections
    >etc from kite suppliers possibly ? Anyone know if sjs or other shops
    >sell these as separate parts ?

    What about a couple of sections of fibre glass tent pole from a
    camping supplier?

    Tim

  3. Pete Whelan

    Pete Whelan Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > Anyone know where I can buy one of these - have got a Philips trailer,
    > but flag has broken. Otherwise thought I can get fibreglass sections
    > etc from kite suppliers possibly ? Anyone know if sjs or other shops
    > sell these as separate parts ?

    Halfords or yur LBS

    --
    "You can't see paradise if you don't pedal" (Fowler, Chicken Run)

  4. John Hearns

    John Hearns Guest

    On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 22:47:23 -0800, anderson47 wrote:

    > Anyone know where I can buy one of these - have got a Philips trailer, but
    > flag has broken.

    I would try Decathlon also, assuming there is a branch near you.
    Their trailers certainly come with flags attached. Next time I'm in there
    if I remember I will look to see if they are sold singly.

  5. On 1 Apr 2006 22:47:23 -0800, [email protected] said in
    <[email protected]>:

    >Anyone know where I can buy one of these

    FutureCycles in Forest Row stocks them, I think most bentmongers do -
    BikeFix is worth a call.

    Guy
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

  6. Ben Barker

    Ben Barker Guest

    Long piece of garden cane?

    [email protected] wrote:
    > Anyone know where I can buy one of these - have got a Philips trailer,
    > but flag has broken. Otherwise thought I can get fibreglass sections
    > etc from kite suppliers possibly ? Anyone know if sjs or other shops
    > sell these as separate parts ?

  7. Bill

    Bill Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Anyone know where I can buy one of these - have got a Philips trailer,
    > but flag has broken. Otherwise thought I can get fibreglass sections
    > etc from kite suppliers possibly ? Anyone know if sjs or other shops
    > sell these as separate parts ?

    I just been to one of the DIY chain shops and they have PVC tubing, some of
    it fairly thin, (microbore??). Cost pennies.

  8. John Hearns

    John Hearns Guest

    For information, the flags are £4.10 in Decathlon.
    They come in three or four sections, plus a heavy metal plate which is
    supposed to bolt to the bike (the diagram showed it bolting to the rear
    axle). I would ditch the plate and use whatever you used to mount onto the
    trailer.

  9. Buck

    Buck Guest

    On 04/02/2006 09:42:30 "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On 1 Apr 2006 22:47:23 -0800, [email protected] said in
    > <[email protected]>:

    >> Anyone know where I can buy one of these

    > FutureCycles in Forest Row stocks them, I think most bentmongers do -
    > BikeFix is worth a call.

    > Guy

    We keep them as well.

    --