Safety Instructions. Warning. sides may split...

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by flyingdutch, Mar 13, 2005.

  1. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    Cuzz sent me photocopy of a (motorbike) mag article he had run recently
    (American Iron, for those inclined that way). From a 1962 Honda Mbike instruction book, translated by Honda for American market.

    "SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS

    1. At the rise of the hand by Policeman, stop rapidly. Do not pass him by otherwise disrespect him.

    2. When a passenger of the foot, hooves in sight, tootel the horn trumpet melodiously at first. If he still obstacles your passage, tootel him with vigor and and express by word of mouth, warning Hi, Hi.

    3. Beware the wandering horse that he shall not take fright as you pass him. Do not explode the exhaust box at him. Go soothingly by.

    4. Give big space to the festive dog that makes sport in roadway. Avoid entanglement of dog with wheel spokes.

    5. Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.
    Press the brake foot as you roll around the corners, and save the collapse and tie up. "

    Oh, tears! couldnt type for LMAO so hard!!!

    F "festive dog" Dutch

    Tags:

  2. GPLama

    GPLama Guest

    "flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message
    > "SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS

    snip

    > Oh, tears! couldnt type for LMAO so hard!!!
    >
    > F "festive dog" Dutch

    heheheheh.. this needs scanning and URLing.. dare I say an entry to 'What
    the..?'

    cheers,
    GPL
    'skid demon'

  3. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 at 08:20 GMT, GPLama (aka Bruce)
    > "flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message
    >> "SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
    >>

    > snip
    >>
    >> Oh, tears! couldnt type for LMAO so hard!!!
    >>
    >> F "festive dog" Dutch

    > heheheheh.. this needs scanning and URLing.. dare I say an entry to 'What
    > the..?'

    Do a google on one of the phrases. It's certainly out there enough
    times....

    -- Tim "grease mud" C.

    >You seem to be implying here that one gets rich after gaining a PhD?

    Of course one does. The other 99 out of a hundred get bitter.
    -- Paula responding to TimC on ARK

  4. GPLama

    GPLama Guest

    "TimC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Do a google on one of the phrases. It's certainly out there enough
    > times....
    >
    > -- Tim "grease mud" C.

    Arh, so it is...

    http://tinyurl.com/56862 Dutch, is that you!?

    (image source site wasn't working, so that's the Google cache thumbnail)

    cheers,
    GPL

  5. Meeba

    Meeba New Member