Safety lights for cyclists (No battery! No friction!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Iwico

This product is based on an new eletric generating system.

No battery is needed (no more battery cost and protect the environment). No any friction on any
parts of the bicycle. Cyclists will not feel any extra weight when cycling. Get the energy
virturally free.

The lights are always flashing as the bicycle is moving, no switch off/on.

See details go to our website: http://www.freelights.co.uk

>Cyclists will not feel any extra weight when cycling. Get the energy virturally free.

If only this were to be true, but unfortunately the laws of physics inconvenience us yet again.
There will not be any friction resistance, but there will definitely be a magnetic resistance
created by the difficulty of moving the magnets in the cross magnetic field generated by the current
flowing through the coil. Otherwise, this would have been a perpetual motion/energy machine.

You will feel the extra weight - how much will depend on how much electrical power the gizmo is
pulling. To me, 100 watts feel like a pretty steep hill. For those of you in SF, there is an exact
exhibit of this theory in the Exploratorium. A bicycle setup is hooked to a generator and a regular
tungsten tight.

Now, of course the energy requires to run a led will be much smaller, maybe even negligible, but
"there will be extra weight felt" when cycling.

This is a good idea though, and I wish you success in selling it. Just let's get our science right.

Voodoo Scientist

Status
Not open for further replies.