SAG-ing info

Weezerbot

Aug 19, 2003
Can someone please explain the in's and out's of SAG-ing? I am training for my first race, and my expert friend just had to drop as my SAG-er (car crash), so now of all people my mother has to SAG for me. I know what it is, but hey I'm not somebody with a million sponsors and a free car to ride behind me! I need to know the easiest most basic stuff so I can pass the info on and 'train' my mom. What does she NEED to do? What SHOULD she do? This will be a century ride, and there will be some stops about every 20 miles, but I am told I still need someone to SAG because they will not have much more than water at these stops. Please help!!

Weez

Originally posted by Weezerbot
Can someone please explain the in's and out's of SAG-ing? I am training for my first race, and my expert friend just had to drop as my SAG-er (car crash), so now of all people my mother has to SAG for me. I know what it is, but hey I'm not somebody with a million sponsors and a free car to ride behind me! I need to know the easiest most basic stuff so I can pass the info on and 'train' my mom. What does she NEED to do? What SHOULD she do? This will be a century ride, and there will be some stops about every 20 miles, but I am told I still need someone to SAG because they will not have much more than water at these stops. Please help!!

Weez

ask in rec.bicycles.racing...you can get there through a link on this page, but using google groups works better. It is also a good idea to know how to use usenet. I guarentee that they will flame you, but someone will actually answer the question.