Sagan/Basso

jhuskey

Oct 6, 2003
Peter Sagan has certainly been a surprise so far. He can sprint but after looking at his bio a little closer apparently he can also climb also. Basso has been less than impressive as of late. It's way to early to write anyone off but does anyone think Basso might have to support Sagan later on if he continues to be well placed in the standings?
It is still a long way to Paris but Sagan's peformance looks like a certain Armstrong kid way back when.

I dunno about Basso but I hope Sagan keeps up those fun finishing salutes despite the bah humbug factor Sherwin noted in yesterday's commentary. He certainly seems to enjoy doing them.

"When you go into the endzone, act like you've been there before". Vince Lombardi.

'Nuff said.

danfoz said:
I dunno about Basso but I hope Sagan keeps up those fun finishing salutes despite the bah humbug factor Sherwin noted in yesterday's commentary. He certainly seems to enjoy doing them.
+1.

something i read earlier (wednesday?) says that liqui are pinning their hopes on il tiburon and using basso as a super domestique. i would bet that liqui are going to be very pleased if p. sagan makes it round to paris.

I'd say Liquigas should be very happy, especially since Sagan has won nearly half of the stages so far and could very well be wearing the green jersey in Paris.

Sad that Sagan didn't get enough attention as a child. Great bike racer, but with the class of a Terrell Owens.

Originally Posted by tonyzackery .

Sad that Sagan didn't get enough attention as a child. Great bike racer, but with the class of a Terrell Owens.
hulk not care what tony think.
hulk smash tony.
tony keep opinion to self then.

Originally Posted by alienator .
I'd say Liquigas should be very happy, especially since Sagan has won nearly half of the stages so far and could very well be wearing the green jersey in Paris.
statement of the obvious, of course. liqui should be very pleased. and if anyone is hoping to see him in green (and, most likely white with that accomplishment) around here, i will raise my hand on that point. it is, however, only his second g. t. & quite a long way round to paris.

hulk not care what tony think.
hulk smash tony.
tony keep opinion to self then.

LMFAO!

Salute to Ceska Zbrojovka from a happy American customer! I think I have about four CZ rifles and pistols and a few BRNO rifles.

Zetor...my neighbor just bought two new ones and my father-in-law owns a pair of older models.

This is the Liquigas rider that has impressed me...the Polish Jens!

If Sagan can climb and if Basso is on form and Sylvester pulls half-way up the final climb...look out Wiggo.

After the battering and hammer damage screaming finish of the last 20K today, tomorrow should be interesting.

I dunno about Basso but I hope Sagan keeps up those fun finishing salutes despite the bah humbug factor Sherwin noted in yesterday's commentary. He certainly seems to enjoy doing them.

Hell yes! I about busted a gut laughing at his Forrest Gump move and the Hulk was hysterical. I thought he was doing an Arnie or Saturday Night Live 'Hans & Franz' routine..."We're here to...pump you up!".

Beats Contadope's animated Pistolero and Flecha's Usein (or is that Usein's Flecha?) all to hell with the joy Sagan performs.

Something about a youngin' gettin' all uppity that cracks me up.

I know Greipel was beat to **** today from the two slamdances, but the damned leg speed Sagan showed was nuts! I don't think he knew or cared what gear he wound up, he was going to come past whoever was in front.

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB .

I know Greipel was beat to **** today from the two slamdances, but the damned leg speed Sagan showed was nuts! I don't think he knew or cared what gear he wound up, he was going to come past whoever was in front.
I feel safe in stating "both Greipel and Sagan are pretty fast."

Off topic but got oura** kicked the worst ever with a storm yesterday, Power still out, damage to part of roof ,trees down running on a generator atm. Have a nice day,

/img/vbsmilies/smilies/ROTF.gif

Seriously???? My 5yo daughter isn't as gullible as these guys. LOL!
Just a simple "How high, sir?" when I make you jump is all that's necessary. The rest you can put in your pipe.
Seeing as I have new customer, I'll be sure to keep you well served. Stay tuned...

Originally Posted by tonyzackery .

/img/vbsmilies/smilies/ROTF.gif

Seriously???? My 5yo daughter isn't as gullible as these guys. LOL!
Just a simple "How high, sir?" when I make you jump is all that's necessary. The rest you can put in your pipe.
Seeing as I have new customer, I'll be sure to keep you well served. Stay tuned...
Not sure what you are talking about but anyways I have electricity now but many still don't. Two people were killed during the storm. Not a sa bad as a tornado but as bad as it gets in this area.... so far.

My 5yo daughter isn't as gullible as these guys.

That's the trouble with civilization.

They now survive to breeding age, although how they managed to figure out proceation i will never know? Watching the primates in the zoo? I notice a similarity in shiite slinging too.

JH...good luck getting your roof repaired! My in-laws were without power for a short 26 hours last Tuesday and they managed to burn their genset up just before the power was restored. 90,000 were still without power in Ohio yesterday from the storm a week ago yesterday.

After surviving a 23-hour outage a few years ago, I had the place wired up for a DP/DT and gen plug. Went out and got a 7,500 running watt unit and have used it to get thru a three day outage and a six day outage that happened in the middle of a cold winter. They're a good investment in self-reliance and you were more prepared than 95% of folks.

Tough times and how a man handles them is a measure of his character. I have no doubt you'll weather this storm better than your house did.

Just to make you feel a little better, I'll post this picture of our barn after lightning killed it. Rebuilding it was not easy, but I was most ****** that it cost me FIVE MONTHS of my life without the time to turn a pedal! Heheh!

Notice the once straight 7' tall sickle bar mower at the left of the foreground...that's 3/4" thick alloy tool steel melted into the shape of as 'U'! It would have made a good mailbox holder!

Now, back to the Tour!

Sagan is without doubt a massive talent, can mix it with the top sprinters and do the short climbs. Will no doubt win a few of the Ardenne classics, probably Paris-Roubaix and the Ronde as well. Not sure he yet has the endurance on the longer climbs yet, and if he trains to gain it he'll lose his edge on the sprint. I guess if I was to pick a single rider I'd compare him too I'd go with Bettini, but he's probably a stronger sprinter at this stage in his career.

Basso is being a domestique for this race to help Nibali try and make third spot on the podium behind Wiggins and Evans.

I am spoiled. I was missing my AC and the Tour. A generator is nice got a 5500 wired in yesterday and the power came on three hours later. a very interesting tour so far. It's anybodies race now with the exception of those that have been outed of course. Someone Sagan forgot to tell Sagan he was too young to win the race.
There was another upstart named Armstrong that didn't he couldnt win.

i agree "statement of the obvious, of course. liqui should be very pleased" happy .....no ..just do it.
18.jpg