Saiz, doping.

gym.gravity

Guest
I've been away (mentally) for a bit. I haven't heard anything about
doping in a while. I thought maybe the sport was clean again. Then I
saw that Saiz was arrested on doping charges. Is this something to do
with Heras or is this something new? What happened to Heras anyway?
Was he found guilty?

"gym.gravity" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
[email protected]...
> I've been away (mentally) for a bit. I haven't heard anything about
> doping in a while. I thought maybe the sport was clean again. Then I
> saw that Saiz was arrested on doping charges. Is this something to do
> with Heras or is this something new? What happened to Heras anyway?
> Was he found guilty?

They tapped his line. Also got the doctor Eufemiano Fuentes and a few others
and a couple of ex riders. Seems it was an affair of (auto) transfusions.
The doctor has been Heras's personal doctor for several years.

Heras was found guilty and stripped of his 2005 Vuelta win.

BTW, I'm sure that now that they got Saiz, the sport is clean again. He was
the last rotten one left.

gym.gravity wrote:
> I've been away (mentally) for a bit. I haven't heard anything about
> doping in a while. I thought maybe the sport was clean again. Then I
> saw that Saiz was arrested on doping charges. Is this something to do
> with Heras or is this something new?

Doping? I always thought his riders did well because of the way he shouted
"venga venga venga venga".

Thanks. Now I see the cyclingnews report. I thought auto-transfusions
were too complicated and expensive?

"trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "gym.gravity" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
> [email protected]...
>> I've been away (mentally) for a bit. I haven't heard anything about
>> doping in a while. I thought maybe the sport was clean again. Then I
>> saw that Saiz was arrested on doping charges. Is this something to do
>> with Heras or is this something new? What happened to Heras anyway?
>> Was he found guilty?
>>

> They tapped his line. Also got the doctor Eufemiano Fuentes and a few
> others and a couple of ex riders. Seems it was an affair of (auto)
> transfusions. The doctor has been Heras's personal doctor for several
> years.
>
> Heras was found guilty and stripped of his 2005 Vuelta win.
>
> BTW, I'm sure that now that they got Saiz, the sport is clean again. He
> was the last rotten one left.

AFP is reporting that the investigation involves Autologus blood doping and
blood cleansing so as to pass drug tests.

Fuentes has an interesting history. He is friendly with Checcini(sp?) and
has done favors for him relaying message to riders. He was also the Kelme
doctor implicated by Jesus Manzano in the Kelme doping scandal. Fuentes
also followed Alvero Pino to Phonak and has some involvement there before
the clean sweep to keep their Pro Tour participation alive. Tugboat can't
be happy.

More attenuated (depending on the relationship between Saiz and Fuentes),
but a possible road of future inquiry, is who came out of his ONCE team,
people like Zulle and Johan Bruyneel, and their relationship, if any, to
Fuentes.

B. Lafferty wrote:

> Tugboat can't
> be happy.

Dumbass -

Tugboat has been burning in hell for some time now.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Diablo Scott <[email protected]> wrote in news:44737234$0$15148
[email protected]:

> Roberto is selling his Vuelta bike on eBay... I think this is a sign
> he's giving up the ghost.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/keyb8

WOW! I want to buy it just so I can tell my riding pals this:

"The exclusive HVP (Harmonic Vibration Profile) profiles of the
horizontal and upper rear tubes, slightly angled, are not there just for
aesthetic reasons. They are based on an important physical principle and
help to dissipate high frequency vibrations efficiently – an important
cause of fatigue. This provides unbeatable comfort that has never been
offered by any carbon frame before. The almost complete elimination of
critical torsion points offers the best guarantee of a long life."

I would be the Fredliest of the Freds if I can parrot all that!

NS

On Tue, 23 May 2006 13:31:38 -0700, Diablo Scott
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Roberto is selling his Vuelta bike on eBay... I think this is a sign
>he's giving up the ghost.
>
>http://tinyurl.com/keyb8

Sweet how it says

C of BB to C of seat tube: N/A
C of BB to T of seat tube: N/A
C of BB to T of seat: N/A
Top tube length (C-C): N/A
Tip of saddle nose to C of bars: N/A
C of front wheel to top of bars: N/A

I think those are the bikes where everyone on the team has to ride the
same size frame. So it fits everyone!

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

B. Lafferty wrote:

> "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>"gym.gravity" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
>>[email protected]...
>>
>>>I've been away (mentally) for a bit. I haven't heard anything about
>>>doping in a while. I thought maybe the sport was clean again. Then I
>>>saw that Saiz was arrested on doping charges. Is this something to do
>>>with Heras or is this something new? What happened to Heras anyway?
>>>Was he found guilty?
>>>

>>They tapped his line. Also got the doctor Eufemiano Fuentes and a few
>>others and a couple of ex riders. Seems it was an affair of (auto)
>>transfusions. The doctor has been Heras's personal doctor for several
>>years.
>>
>>Heras was found guilty and stripped of his 2005 Vuelta win.
>>
>>BTW, I'm sure that now that they got Saiz, the sport is clean again. He
>>was the last rotten one left.

> AFP is reporting that the investigation involves Autologus blood doping and
> blood cleansing so as to pass drug tests.
>
> Fuentes has an interesting history. He is friendly with Checcini(sp?) and
> has done favors for him relaying message to riders. He was also the Kelme
> doctor implicated by Jesus Manzano in the Kelme doping scandal. Fuentes
> also followed Alvero Pino to Phonak and has some involvement there before
> the clean sweep to keep their Pro Tour participation alive. Tugboat can't
> be happy.
>
> More attenuated (depending on the relationship between Saiz and Fuentes),
> but a possible road of future inquiry, is who came out of his ONCE team,
> people like Zulle and Johan Bruyneel, and their relationship, if any, to
> Fuentes.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SPORT/05/23/cycling.saiz/index.html
The police are also looking at alleged links between Fuentes -- who is
now practising as a gynaecologist -- and Tour of Italy leader Ivan
Basso, who rides for the CSC team.

"John Forrest Tomlinson" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message
de news: [email protected]...
> On Tue, 23 May 2006 13:31:38 -0700, Diablo Scott
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Roberto is selling his Vuelta bike on eBay... I think this is a sign
>>he's giving up the ghost.
>>
>>http://tinyurl.com/keyb8

> Sweet how it says
>
> C of BB to C of seat tube: N/A
> C of BB to T of seat tube: N/A
> C of BB to T of seat: N/A
> Top tube length (C-C): N/A
> Tip of saddle nose to C of bars: N/A
> C of front wheel to top of bars: N/A
>
> I think those are the bikes where everyone on the team has to ride the
> same size frame. So it fits everyone!
>
> JT

BH makes frames in S, M, L, ... Not unusual on a sloping frame, where
something like C of BB to C of seat tube doesn't tell you that much. The
one in the add is a Small.

Diablo Scott wrote:
> B. Lafferty wrote:
>> "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> "gym.gravity" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de
>>> news: [email protected]...

>>> They tapped his line. Also got the doctor Eufemiano Fuentes and a few
>>> others and a couple of ex riders. Seems it was an affair of (auto)
>>> transfusions. The doctor has been Heras's personal doctor for several
>>> years.
>>>
>>> Heras was found guilty and stripped of his 2005 Vuelta win.
>>>
>>> BTW, I'm sure that now that they got Saiz, the sport is clean again.
>>> He was the last rotten one left.

>> AFP is reporting that the investigation involves Autologus blood
>> doping and blood cleansing so as to pass drug tests.
>>
>> Fuentes has an interesting history. He is friendly with Checcini(sp?)
>> and has done favors for him relaying message to riders. He was also
>> the Kelme doctor implicated by Jesus Manzano in the Kelme doping
>> scandal. Fuentes also followed Alvero Pino to Phonak and has some
>> involvement there before the clean sweep to keep their Pro Tour
>> participation alive. Tugboat can't be happy.
>>
>> More attenuated (depending on the relationship between Saiz and
>> Fuentes), but a possible road of future inquiry, is who came out of
>> his ONCE team, people like Zulle and Johan Bruyneel, and their
>> relationship, if any, to Fuentes.

> http://www.cnn.com/2006/SPORT/05/23/cycling.saiz/index.html
> The police are also looking at alleged links between Fuentes -- who is
> now practising as a gynaecologist -- and Tour of Italy leader Ivan
> Basso, who rides for the CSC team.

You know, I was just thinking to myself a couple of days ago, "With
Basso riding so much better than everyone else in the Giro, I wonder
how long it'll be before someone accuses him of doping..."

~bob

"Diablo Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> B. Lafferty wrote:
>
>> "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>
>>>"gym.gravity" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
>>>[email protected]...

>>>They tapped his line. Also got the doctor Eufemiano Fuentes and a few
>>>others and a couple of ex riders. Seems it was an affair of (auto)
>>>transfusions. The doctor has been Heras's personal doctor for several
>>>years.
>>>
>>>Heras was found guilty and stripped of his 2005 Vuelta win.
>>>
>>>BTW, I'm sure that now that they got Saiz, the sport is clean again. He
>>>was the last rotten one left.

>> AFP is reporting that the investigation involves Autologus blood doping
>> and blood cleansing so as to pass drug tests.
>>
>> Fuentes has an interesting history. He is friendly with Checcini(sp?)
>> and has done favors for him relaying message to riders. He was also the
>> Kelme doctor implicated by Jesus Manzano in the Kelme doping scandal.
>> Fuentes also followed Alvero Pino to Phonak and has some involvement
>> there before the clean sweep to keep their Pro Tour participation alive.
>> Tugboat can't be happy.
>>
>> More attenuated (depending on the relationship between Saiz and Fuentes),
>> but a possible road of future inquiry, is who came out of his ONCE team,
>> people like Zulle and Johan Bruyneel, and their relationship, if any, to
>> Fuentes.

> http://www.cnn.com/2006/SPORT/05/23/cycling.saiz/index.html
> The police are also looking at alleged links between Fuentes -- who is now
> practising as a gynaecologist -- and Tour of Italy leader Ivan Basso, who
> rides for the CSC team.

Estrogen?

B. Lafferty wrote:
> "Diablo Scott" <[email protected]> wrote:

> > http://www.cnn.com/2006/SPORT/05/23/cycling.saiz/index.html
> > The police are also looking at alleged links between Fuentes -- who is now
> > practising as a gynaecologist -- and Tour of Italy leader Ivan Basso, who
> > rides for the CSC team.

> Estrogen?

The cops are just trying to cook up an excuse to
"interview" Basso's sister as a witness.

[email protected] wrote:
> B. Lafferty wrote:
> > "Diablo Scott" <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > http://www.cnn.com/2006/SPORT/05/23/cycling.saiz/index.html
> > > ************************************************************************
> > > The police are also looking at alleged links between Fuentes -- who is now
> > > practising as a gynaecologist -- and Tour of Italy leader Ivan Basso, who
> > > rides for the CSC team.

> > Estrogen?

> The cops are just trying to cook up an excuse to
> "interview" Basso's sister as a witness.

http://www.velonews.com/pr/prn/articles/5908.0.html
Such pretty blond hair; shame she dyes the roots dark...

mtb Dad wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> >
> > The cops are just trying to cook up an excuse to
> > "interview" Basso's sister as a witness.

> http://www.velonews.com/pr/prn/articles/5908.0.html
> Such pretty blond hair; shame she dyes the roots dark...

It's well known on RBR[*] that excessive bleach jobs
are an attempt to hide doping, by throwing off hair tests.

Ben

[*] Disclaimer: facts well known on RBR are not to be
used for factual purposes outside of RBR, remain
the property of RBR, and may be recalled at any time.
Cash redemption value 1/20 of one cent.

in message <[email protected]>, bob sullivan
('[email protected]') wrote:

>> The police are also looking at alleged links between Fuentes -- who is
>> now practising as a gynaecologist -- and Tour of Italy leader Ivan
>> Basso, who rides for the CSC team.

> You know, I was just thinking to myself a couple of days ago, "With
> Basso riding so much better than everyone else in the Giro, I wonder
> how long it'll be before someone accuses him of doping..."

So was I. Damn. I do very much hope not.

;; Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.

[email protected] wrote:
> B. Lafferty wrote:
>
>>"Diablo Scott" <[email protected]> wrote:

>>>http://www.cnn.com/2006/SPORT/05/23/cycling.saiz/index.html
>>>************************************************************************
>>>The police are also looking at alleged links between Fuentes -- who is now
>>>practising as a gynaecologist -- and Tour of Italy leader Ivan Basso, who
>>>rides for the CSC team.

>>Estrogen?

> The cops are just trying to cook up an excuse to
> "interview" Basso's sister as a witness.

Who else are they going to finger as a suspect?

Nev Shea wrote:
> I would be the Fredliest of the Freds if I can parrot all that!

Dumbass,
You need to dope if you want any chance at that title.