Saiz On Armstrong

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by B. Lafferty, Jul 2, 2004.

  1. Andre

    Andre Guest

    "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "alex" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > online.net...
    > >
    > > "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > >
    > > > "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message new-
    > > > s:[email protected]
    > > > net...
    > > >
    > > > Neither Saiz or Armstrong have many good friends in
    > > > the peloton.
    > >
    > > It depends who you ask. Most of the guys that have
    > > cycled for Sainz say
    > he
    > > is great and many more around that have not yet cycled
    > > for one of his
    > teams,
    > > openly say they would love to do it.
    >
    > Sure, he has the authority to offer nice contracts to
    > those riders. Why burn bridges unless it is already up in
    > flames? That is when you sometimes hear how they really
    > feel. Jalabert did not send any Christmas cards after he
    > left for Riis' team and neither did Zulle. Those are the 2
    > biggest stars by far to ever work for him. Let's just hope
    > that he has learned from some of his many many mistakes.

    Why does anyone mention Merckx in the same paragraph with
    Armstrong? Merckx won: Championnat du Monde- 3 times
    Championnat de Belgique - i time Milan-S.R. - 7 times Tour
    de Flandres- 2 times Paris-Roubaix- 3 times Liege-Bastogne-Liege-
    5 times Gold Race - 2 times Tour de Lombardie - 2 times
    Circuit Het Volk - 2 times Gand-Wevelgem - 3 times Fleche
    Wallone - 3 times Paris-Bruxelles- 1 time
    G.P. de L'Escaut- 1 time Henninget Turm - 1 time Tour de
    France - 5 times Tour d'Italie - 5 times Tour de Suisse-
    1 time Tour d'Espagne- 1 time Tour de Belgique - 2
    times Criterium du Dauphine - 1 time
    G.Q. du Fourmies - 1 time
    G.R. du Midi Libre - 1 time Paris-Nice - 3 times Tour de
    Morbihan - 1 time Tour Mediterraneen - 1 time Semaine
    Catalane - 2 times Tour de Catalogne - 1 time Tour du
    Levant - 1 time Tour de Sardaigne - 4 times Tour de
    Romandie - 1 time Paris-Luxembourg - 1 time Championnat
    de Flandres - 1 time Circuit de la vallee de la Lys- 1
    time Fleche Brabanconne - 1 time
    G.S. Cerami- Wasmuel- 1 time Prix de Cloture-Putte Kapellen-
    1 time
    G.T. Union Dortmund - 2 times Copa Agostini - 1 time Trofeo
    Laigueglia - 2 times
    G.U. des Nations - 1 time
    G.V. Lugano - 1 time Trophee Baracchi - 3 times Montjuich -
    6 times A travers Lausanne - 4 times Criterium des As -
    3 times Chateaulin - 3 times

    And those are only the principal victories; he won over
    300 races.

    Andre Janssens

  2. Merck didn't win six TdF's. Sorry but things have changed
    and its a different time, The TdF is everything, if Lance
    wins six he will in all probability be the greatest cyclist
    of all times in our life time.

    On 3 Jul 2004 18:07:40 -0700, [email protected]
    (Andre) wrote:

    >"Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:<[email protected]>...
    >> "alex" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    >> online.net...
    >> >
    >> > "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> > news:[email protected]...

    >> > It depends who you ask. Most of the guys that have
    >> > cycled for Sainz say
    >> he
    >> > is great and many more around that have not yet cycled
    >> > for one of his
    >> teams,
    >> > openly say they would love to do it.
    >>
    >> Sure, he has the authority to offer nice contracts to
    >> those riders. Why burn bridges unless it is already up in
    >> flames? That is when you sometimes hear how they really
    >> feel. Jalabert did not send any Christmas cards after he
    >> left for Riis' team and neither did Zulle. Those are the
    >> 2 biggest stars by far to ever work for him. Let's just
    >> hope that he has learned from some of his many many
    >> mistakes.
    >
    >Why does anyone mention Merckx in the same paragraph with
    >Armstrong? Merckx won: Championnat du Monde- 3 times
    >Championnat de Belgique - i time Milan-S.R. - 7 times Tour
    >de Flandres- 2 times Paris-Roubaix- 3 times Liege-Bastogne-Liege-
    >5 times Gold Race - 2 times Tour de Lombardie - 2 times
    >Circuit Het Volk - 2 times Gand-Wevelgem - 3 times Fleche
    >Wallone - 3 times Paris-Bruxelles- 1 time
    >G.P. de L'Escaut- 1 time Henninget Turm - 1 time Tour de
    > France - 5 times Tour d'Italie - 5 times Tour de Suisse-
    > 1 time Tour d'Espagne- 1 time Tour de Belgique - 2
    > times Criterium du Dauphine - 1 time
    >G.P. du Fourmies - 1 time
    >G.P. du Midi Libre - 1 time Paris-Nice - 3 times Tour de
    > Morbihan - 1 time Tour Mediterraneen - 1 time Semaine
    > Catalane - 2 times Tour de Catalogne - 1 time Tour du
    > Levant - 1 time Tour de Sardaigne - 4 times Tour de
    > Romandie - 1 time Paris-Luxembourg - 1 time
    > Championnat de Flandres - 1 time Circuit de la vallee
    > de la Lys- 1 time Fleche Brabanconne - 1 time
    >G.P. Cerami- Wasmuel- 1 time Prix de Cloture-Putte Kapellen-
    > 1 time
    >G.P. Union Dortmund - 2 times Copa Agostini - 1 time Trofeo
    > Laigueglia - 2 times
    >G.P. des Nations - 1 time
    >G.P. Lugano - 1 time Trophee Baracchi - 3 times Montjuich -
    > 6 times A travers Lausanne - 4 times Criterium des As
    > - 3 times Chateaulin - 3 times
    >
    >And those are only the principal victories; he won over
    >300 races.
    >
    > Andre Janssens

  3. Dave Clary

    Dave Clary Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 03:11:47 GMT, Darrell Criswell <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Merck didn't win six TdF's. Sorry but things have changed
    >and its a different time, The TdF is everything,

    It isn't everything to the sponsors--they like to see
    results year round. It's everything to all but diehard U.S.
    fans, but that's not where the advertising for the euro
    peloton is targeted.

    >if Lance wins six he will in all probability be the
    >greatest cyclist of all times in our life time.

    How can you qualify "of all times" with "in our life time?"
    There can only be one greatest of all times (although there
    can be many opinions on who that may be).

    Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, Tx

  4. Kyle Legate

    Kyle Legate Guest

    Darrell Criswell wrote:
    > Merck didn't win six TdF's. Sorry but things have changed
    > and its a different time, The TdF is everything, if Lance
    > wins six he will in all probability be the greatest
    > cyclist of all times in our life time.

    I can't wait for the end of July, when all you tools will
    disappear for another year.

  5. leif_ericson

    leif_ericson New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2003
    >I can't wait for the end of July, when all you tools will
    >disappear for another year.

    Proof that RBR is filled with morons that think it is still 1970.