Salaries of the pros?

OLMO

Feb 26, 2004
Curious to know what they earn, the leaders, the equipiers, domestiques. How much is salary? Sponsorships? Bonuses?

Edit: ah, no, not considering a career change... :p

In connection with USPS's recruitment of Ace in 2004, it was disclosed his base salary was around $600K/year (before, obviously, LA's personal bonus -- now contractual -- upon a TdF victory; before sharing of team earnings). Heras was paid around $1.5M/year, since that was what Saiz had to pay to buy out his remaining year of the USPS contract.

I imagine Ace is now paid more than $600K.

When Victor Hugo Pena was first recruited to USPS, he was paid in the lowish six figures. After two years of the initial contract, Bruyneel cut his salary 35-40%.

Popo, when he was recruited, had several more attractive financial offers from other teams. He got a good salary, but not what other teams were offering him. Bruyneel saw that as a sign Popo was willing to invest in his future, to choose his ideal environment, and as a sign Popo had confidence in the DC program. Of course, Popo sort of brought Bileka with him, so that was another consideration.

musette said:
In connection with USPS's recruitment of Ace in 2004, it was disclosed his base salary was around $600K/year (before, obviously, LA's personal bonus -- now contractual -- upon a TdF victory; before sharing of team earnings). Heras was paid around $1.5M/year, since that was what Saiz had to pay to buy out his remaining year of the USPS contract.

I imagine Ace is now paid more than $600K.

When Victor Hugo Pena was first recruited to USPS, he was paid in the lowish six figures. After two years of the initial contract, Bruyneel cut his salary 35-40%.

Popo, when he was recruited, had several more attractive financial offers from other teams. He got a good salary, but not what other teams were offering him. Bruyneel saw that as a sign Popo was willing to invest in his future, to choose his ideal environment, and as a sign Popo had confidence in the DC program. Of course, Popo sort of brought Bileka with him, so that was another consideration.

Interesting, thanks; actually higher than I expected. Wonder what the domestiques make?