Salesman of the Year Award



D

Davey Crockett

Guest
See rbmarketplace

SuperSeller sold a 51cm Bianchi [about 20 inches] to a 1.7 meter
[about 5 fet 8 inches] Punter


--
Le vent à Dos
Davey Crockett
[No 4Q to reply]
 
E

Ewoud Dronkert

Guest
On 05 Dec 2006 08:00:02 +0100, Davey Crockett wrote:
> SuperSeller sold a 51cm Bianchi [about 20 inches] to a 1.7 meter
> [about 5 fet 8 inches] Punter


Doesn't seem excessive. I'm 1.75 m and my bike is 53 cm.

--
E. Dronkert
 
D

Davey Crockett

Guest
Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> writes:

> On 05 Dec 2006 08:00:02 +0100, Davey Crockett wrote:
> > SuperSeller sold a 51cm Bianchi [about 20 inches] to a 1.7 meter
> > [about 5 fet 8 inches] Punter

>


I guess they ride smaller frames these days, personally I ride a 56
and am about the same height

But it really depends how they measure the frame

--
Le vent à Dos
Davey Crockett
[No 4Q to reply]
 
E

Ewoud Dronkert

Guest
On 05 Dec 2006 09:01:44 +0100, Davey Crockett wrote:
> But it really depends how they measure the frame


Of course, and furthermore: it could be sloping frame. Now please let
us not turn this into the happy hamam that is rbt.

--
E. Dronkert
 
D

Donald Munro

Guest
Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
>> Doesn't seem excessive. I'm 1.75 m and my bike is 53 cm.


Davey Crockett wrote:
> I guess they ride smaller frames these days, personally I ride a 56
> and am about the same height
>
> But it really depends how they measure the frame


And the top tube length is more important than the stand over height
anyway.
 
I

ilan

Guest
I'm 1.77m and my bike is 50.5 cm (centre of bottom bracket to
centre of horizontal top tube). Top tube is 54cm centre to centre,
which is
a common length for a 54cm frame.

-ilan


Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> On 05 Dec 2006 08:00:02 +0100, Davey Crockett wrote:
> > SuperSeller sold a 51cm Bianchi [about 20 inches] to a 1.7 meter
> > [about 5 fet 8 inches] Punter

>
> Doesn't seem excessive. I'm 1.75 m and my bike is 53 cm.
>
> --
> E. Dronkert
 
S

Stu Fleming

Guest
Davey Crockett wrote:
> See rbmarketplace
>
> SuperSeller sold a 51cm Bianchi [about 20 inches] to a 1.7 meter
> [about 5 fet 8 inches] Punter
>
>

Superseller went on to sell a lawnmower to a customer who came in to buy
a packet of tampons.
 
D

Davey Crockett

Guest
Stu Fleming <[email protected]> writes:

> Davey Crockett wrote:
> > See rbmarketplace
> > SuperSeller sold a 51cm Bianchi [about 20 inches] to a 1.7 meter
> > [about 5 fet 8 inches] Punter
> >

> Superseller went on to sell a lawnmower to a customer who came in to
> buy a packet of tampons.


So she could Pluck her Christmas Goose?.
--
Le vent à Dos
Davey Crockett [toughing it out in Eurabia]
[No 4Q to reply]
 
I

ilan

Guest
A while ago, it was the other way round, there was a bike shop in
Redwood City
(NOT Chain Reaction) which sold a 56 cm Bianchi to a 1.75 cm friend of
mine, and he ended
up with pretty much no seatpost showing. It was a great deal as it was
the last of the previous
year's models.

-ilan

Davey Crockett wrote:
> See rbmarketplace
>
> SuperSeller sold a 51cm Bianchi [about 20 inches] to a 1.7 meter
> [about 5 fet 8 inches] Punter
>
>
> --
> Le vent à Dos
> Davey Crockett
> [No 4Q to reply]
 
G

gds

Guest
ilan wrote:
> A while ago, it was the other way round, there was a bike shop in
> Redwood City
> (NOT Chain Reaction) which sold a 56 cm Bianchi to a 1.75 cm friend of
> mine, and he ended
> up with pretty much no seatpost showing.


Gee, @ 1.75 cm I'd thinkhe'd even have some trouble reaching the pedals.
 
D

Davey Crockett

Guest
"ilan" <[email protected]> writes:

> A while ago, it was the other way round, there was a bike shop in
> Redwood City
> (NOT Chain Reaction) which sold a 56 cm Bianchi to a 1.75 cm friend of
> mine, and he ended
> up with pretty much no seatpost showing. It was a great deal as it was
> the last of the previous
> year's models.
>


Actually some of the responses were surprising

Davey really wasn't aware that so many riders were using comparatively
smallish frames these days

--
Le vent à Dos
Davey Crockett
[No 4Q to reply]
Having a gun and not needing it sure beats needing a gun and not
having one
 
D

Donald Munro

Guest
ilan wrote:

> A while ago, it was the other way round, there was a bike shop in
> Redwood City
> (NOT Chain Reaction) which sold a 56 cm Bianchi to a 1.75 cm friend of
> mine


Perhaps there is a special EU warranty on Bianchi's for 1.75cm midgets.
 
I

ilan

Guest
gds wrote:
> ilan wrote:
> > A while ago, it was the other way round, there was a bike shop in
> > Redwood City
> > (NOT Chain Reaction) which sold a 56 cm Bianchi to a 1.75 cm friend of
> > mine, and he ended
> > up with pretty much no seatpost showing.

>
> Gee, @ 1.75 cm I'd thinkhe'd even have some trouble reaching the pedals.


Apparently, the only way I can troll successfully these days is with
tipos.

-ilan
 
S

Steven L. Sheffield

Guest
On 12/5/06 12:40 AM, in article [email protected],
"Ewoud Dronkert" <[email protected]> wrote:

> On 05 Dec 2006 08:00:02 +0100, Davey Crockett wrote:
>> SuperSeller sold a 51cm Bianchi [about 20 inches] to a 1.7 meter
>> [about 5 fet 8 inches] Punter

>
> Doesn't seem excessive. I'm 1.75 m and my bike is 53 cm.




I'm 5'9" (1.75 m, and my bike is 55.5 C-T (54 C-C).



--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com
bellum pax est libertas servitus est ignoratio vis est
ess ay ell tea ell ay kay ee sea eye tee why you ti ay aitch
aitch tee tea pea colon [for word] slash [four ward] slash double-you
double-yew double-ewe dot flahute dot com [foreword] slash
 
K

Kyle Legate

Guest
ilan wrote:
> gds wrote:
>> ilan wrote:
>>> A while ago, it was the other way round, there was a bike shop in
>>> Redwood City
>>> (NOT Chain Reaction) which sold a 56 cm Bianchi to a 1.75 cm friend of
>>> mine, and he ended
>>> up with pretty much no seatpost showing.

>> Gee, @ 1.75 cm I'd thinkhe'd even have some trouble reaching the pedals.

>
> Apparently, the only way I can troll successfully these days is with
> tipos.
>

Is that a greek typo?