saliva prob

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Mr So., Feb 12, 2004.

  1. Mr So.

    Mr So. Guest

    Hi I am a 50 Australian male pretty fit,[6'2" .185lbs ].well I have been up to 9 mths ago from when
    this problem started. Ok my problem is I feel as if I'm producing way too much saliva especially
    around the front of my teeth,I have to swallow it every 10 seconds & as soon as I have ,It comes
    from the left side of my lower Jaw It then reforms at the tip of my tongue & the inside of my lower
    teeth,its not thick or colored ,just clear saliva ,& has a feeling similar to a soft Cod Liver oil
    Capsule left in the mouth [not taste ,just that feeling of size etc] My Doctor has refered me on to
    a Neurologist .who has perscribed me Endep 10 , this has had very little effect [say 1 on a scale of
    10] apart from giving me heartburn . I would like to know of any Natural remedies that I might try
    to dry my mouth.I realise we produce a lot of saliva for a day & we swallow it unconsciously, but
    mine is a PROBLEM because I am not doing it unconsciously & its really getting me down & I have no
    energy to do much as this controls my life , I find I have to eat more or keep my mouth passed with
    food as it is less noticable when eating or drinking thanks for now Rick

    ---
    scanned Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.585 / Virus
    Database: 370 - Release Date: 11/02/2004

    Tags:

  2. Chris

    Chris Guest

    know of any Natural remedies that I might try to dry my
    > mouth.I realise we produce a lot of saliva for a day & we swallow it unconsciously, but mine is a
    > PROBLEM because I am not doing it unconsciously & its really getting me down & I have no energy to
    > do much as this controls my life , I find I have to eat more or keep my mouth passed with food as
    > it is less noticable when eating or drinking thanks for now Rick

    Common sage (salvia officianalis) is known for it's drying effects.

  3. Mr So.

    Mr So. Guest

    > know of any Natural remedies that I might try to dry my
    > > mouth.I realise we produce a lot of saliva for a day & we swallow it unconsciously, but mine is
    > > a PROBLEM because I am not doing it unconsciously & its really getting me down & I have no
    > > energy to do much
    as
    > > this controls my life , I find I have to eat more or keep my mouth
    passed
    > > with food as it is less noticable when eating or drinking thanks for now Rick
    > >

    > Common sage (salvia officianalis) is known for it's drying effects.

    Thanks Chris I'll give it a try Regards Rick

    ---
    scanned Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.585 / Virus
    Database: 370 - Release Date: 11/02/2004

  4. Drceephd

    Drceephd Guest

    >Subject: saliva prob
    >From: "Mr so." [email protected]&so.com
    >Date: 2/12/04 2:48 AM Eastern Standard Time

    Check the pH of your saliva with narrow range pH paper.

    Healthy saliva is around 7.1 pH, slightly basic.

    Unhealthy saliva can be as acidic as 5.5 ( the cancer range ).

    Perhaps your body is trying to tell you something??

    DrC PhD.

  5. Mr So.

    Mr So. Guest

    "DRCEEPHD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > >Subject: saliva prob From: "Mr so." [email protected]&so.com Date: 2/12/04 2:48 AM Eastern Standard Time Message-
    > >id: <[email protected]>
    >
    > Check the pH of your saliva with narrow range pH paper.
    >
    > Healthy saliva is around 7.1 pH, slightly basic.
    >
    > Unhealthy saliva can be as acidic as 5.5 ( the cancer range ).
    >
    > Perhaps your body is trying to tell you something??
    >
    > DrC PhD.

    OK Doc i'll ask the Neurologist this week thanks

    ---