Salsa Scandium

Anthony Sloan

Guest
I am very intrigued by the upcoming 4x4 Salsa Caballero frame. Is anyone out there in the know
enough to comment on it?

Anthony Sloan <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I am very intrigued by the upcoming 4x4 Salsa Caballero frame. Is anyone out there in the know
> enough to comment on it?

Depends on the degree of "in the know" that you would want. :)

I read about the thing on the Speedgoat website, so I asked two auth. Salsa dealers. One got back to
me and told me that the frame wasn't going to be released until next year.

The other one couldn't find info on it.

I also went to rec.bicycles.tech and asked about scandium frames, and the replies were mostly
negative (and after some research, I think that those opinions could be justified.)

If the frame is really gonna be $900, and if it has a lifetime warranty, then I might consider it
after a year or so of guinea pigs do the beta testing for me. More like I'll buy a Marin TARA frame,
a nice Marz 130mm travel fork and swap the rest of my goodies over.

Sorry I don't know more - I guess we'll both have to wait until next year.

Spider

Spider wrote:
> Anthony Sloan <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>I am very intrigued by the upcoming 4x4 Salsa Caballero frame. Is anyone out there in the know
>>enough to comment on it?
>

> Depends on the degree of "in the know" that you would want. :)

Well, according to dumbski bikes don't exist until there on the showroom floor.

Greg

--
"Walking under ladders for a living You know we should be running round in pubs and bars We know
we'll never grow short And we'll never grow tall" - the Mekons