Salt Tablets?

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Frank Tantillo, May 29, 2003.

  1. Who uses them? For what events? Brand?

    Thanks

    Tags:

  2. Mike Conway

    Mike Conway Guest

    Thermotabs, and I use them for anything--training or racing--that is longer than 2 hours of running
    or 3 hours of biking.

    Mike C

    >From: "Frank Tantillo

    >Who uses them? For what events? Brand?
    >
    >Thanks

  3. Mike

    Mike Guest

    "Frank Tantillo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Who uses them? For what events? Brand?
    >
    > Thanks

    I believe that Mike is "Spot On" in his use of Thermo Tabs. Sometimes instead of salt tabs I add a
    tiny bit of salt to my drinks. Thermo tabs are a sure fire way to know exactly your intake.

    Ken @ Kauai

  4. Wim Colgate

    Wim Colgate Guest

    You can also purchase gel-caps at your local pharmacy (even PCC, a local healthfood store has them),
    and fill them up with salt directly. Its a bit cheaper than pre-packaged pills, and they don't turn
    into dust or absorb water as readily.

    Wim

    "Mike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Frank Tantillo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Who uses them? For what events? Brand?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    >
    > I believe that Mike is "Spot On" in his use of Thermo Tabs. Sometimes instead of salt tabs I add a
    > tiny bit of salt to my drinks. Thermo tabs are a sure fire way to know exactly your intake.
    >
    > Ken @ Kauai

  5. Rick Loggins

    Rick Loggins Guest

    Cheaper? Thermotabs cost about $6 per bottle of 100 and the tablets are much more than just table
    salt. There are other options with Hammer, Lava Salt, and Succeed.

    --
    Rick Loggins

    "Wim Colgate" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > You can also purchase gel-caps at your local pharmacy (even PCC, a local healthfood store has
    > them), and fill them up with salt directly. Its a bit cheaper than pre-packaged pills, and they
    > don't turn into dust or absorb water as readily.
    >
    > Wim
    >
    > "Mike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > "Frank Tantillo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > Who uses them? For what events? Brand?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks
    > >
    > > I believe that Mike is "Spot On" in his use of Thermo Tabs. Sometimes instead of salt tabs I add
    > > a tiny bit of salt to my drinks. Thermo tabs are a sure fire way to know exactly your intake.
    > >
    > > Ken @ Kauai

  6. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    "Frank Tantillo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Who uses them? For what events? Brand?

    I use Endurolytes from Hammer. Since they're gel caps, they don't turn to dust. Also, they're not
    "ultra" concentrated so my stomache doesn't get so acidy. During really hot weather, I'll take abot
    2 per hour. I'm doing
    IMCDA. Since it probably won't be very hot, I'll probably only take 1 every hr to 1 1/2 hr.

    Andy

  7. Ray Plotecia

    Ray Plotecia Guest

    I use a tab called Succeed. It's a combo of different sodium compounds. (sorry I'm not reading the
    bottle here) One every hour at Ironman Hawaii last year worked wonders.

    Ray