General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Sammy towel has mold spots

Started by Phil Schuman · · Last activity · 3 posts · 524 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
16 April 2005
Last activity
21 April 2005
Original author
Phil Schuman
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
524
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I was packing away my Sammy towel from winter swimming,
    and noticed that is now has a couple small mold spots.
    I threw it into the wash, and will see how it turns out.
    Guess I should have first scrubbed off the few mold spots - ick -
    I didn't notice these during the winter swim season.
    Any suggestions on what to do with my Sammy
    so this doesn't happen ?

  2. "Phil Schuman" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I was packing away my Sammy towel from winter swimming,
    and noticed that is now has a couple small mold spots.
    I threw it into the wash, and will see how it turns out.
    Guess I should have first scrubbed off the few mold spots - ick -
    I didn't notice these during the winter swim season.
    Any suggestions on what to do with my Sammy
    so this doesn't happen ?

    Anything left damp for a long time can develop mold.
    Regular towels, sammy towels, damp socks and underwear.
    Dry things out before stuffing them into dark warm moist places.

  3. The trick is to soak it in chlorinated water after using (just dip it in the
    pool and leave it moist).Mold wont grow then.
    -Reinier

    "DaKitty" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Phil Schuman" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I was packing away my Sammy towel from winter swimming,
    and noticed that is now has a couple small mold spots.
    I threw it into the wash, and will see how it turns out.
    Guess I should have first scrubbed off the few mold spots - ick -
    I didn't notice these during the winter swim season.
    Any suggestions on what to do with my Sammy
    so this doesn't happen ?

    Anything left damp for a long time can develop mold.
    Regular towels, sammy towels, damp socks and underwear.
    Dry things out before stuffing them into dark warm moist places.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.