San Diego Bike Shop and Ride Recommendations

rascal

Guest
I'll be arriving in San Diego the day after Thanksgiving and have free
time until the following Tuesday. Appreciate any recommendations on a
shop that rents road bikes and recommended ride routes.

Thanks
Ron

rascal <[email protected]> writes:

> I'll be arriving in San Diego the day after Thanksgiving and have free
> time until the following Tuesday. Appreciate any recommendations on a
> shop that rents road bikes and recommended ride routes.

Take a trip to Agua Calientes to see the Gee-Gees

Don't let the Nana's in Sin-City sidetrack you when you cross the Border :)

--
le Vent a Dos, Davey Crockett
Six Day Site - current year Sixes: http://sixday.741.com/2004-2005/2004-2005.html

rascal <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I'll be arriving in San Diego the day after Thanksgiving and have free
> time until the following Tuesday. Appreciate any recommendations on a
> shop that rents road bikes and recommended ride routes.
>
> Thanks
> Ron

Try Nytro in Encinitas. I rented a Felt road bike there the summer
before last. Convenient to rail and bus lines. Easy ride to SD via
Torrey Pines, La Jolla Mission Bay. Mt Soledad is between there and SD
too. There's a biketrail along a river north of there. Ask about it at
the shop. They'll probably know how to find it. There will be plenty
of riders on the Pacific Coast Highhway.

[email protected] (Mike Connair) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> rascal <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > I'll be arriving in San Diego the day after Thanksgiving and have free
> > time until the following Tuesday. Appreciate any recommendations on a
> > shop that rents road bikes and recommended ride routes.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Ron

> Try Nytro in Encinitas. I rented a Felt road bike there the summer
> before last. Convenient to rail and bus lines. Easy ride to SD via
> Torrey Pines, La Jolla Mission Bay. Mt Soledad is between there and SD
> too. There's a biketrail along a river north of there. Ask about it at
> the shop. They'll probably know how to find it. There will be plenty
> of riders on the Pacific Coast Highhway.

I would stay away from Nytro if possible. Poor service unless you are
a world class athlete, lousy mechanics and lots of attitude.

B&L Bike Shop is down the road about 5 miles from Nytro and much
better. It is right across the street from the Solana Beach train
stop. The chief mechanic,Dan Rock, has been a fixture in the San Diego
pro bike seen for 20 years. They use to rent bikes, you should contact
them to be sure they still do (http://www.blbikes.com).
Good luck and have a good visit.

"rascal" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'll be arriving in San Diego the day after Thanksgiving and have free
> time until the following Tuesday. Appreciate any recommendations on a
> shop that rents road bikes and recommended ride routes.

I rented a bike from Mission Bay about 1 block north of the Mission
beach entrance off Mission Blvd . I was lucky enough that their single
road bike fit (57cm) which was about $30 for the week. I rode out to
LaHolla and up the Pacific Coast highway, sometimes via Soledad. Also
did the Fiesta Island loop where you can do multiple laps with no
traffic stops.

PH