San Diego Radio Jock Attacks Cyclists And Encourages Endangerment

inSANe DIEGO said:
It's money in the bank for those guys. They say something irresponsible about bicyclists and they get a ton of responses. Then, whenever their contract's up they trot all of that material into their boss as proof of listenership. Don't you wish it was that easy for you to get a big raise?

^ +1 on that.

there was a radio jockey in cali somewhere (long beach area maybe?) a few months back who did about the same thing with motorcyclists, pretty much dedicating a show to **** of people who ride, and to get ratings up. although that guy "dared" someone to open their door when someone was lane splitting. pretty sure he got in a decent amount of trouble for that.

i can see what the guy is saying about guys not adhering to traffic rules, i know i'm guilty of it. as far as him being ignorant, i guess that's just the way he is, and if that's keeps the ratings up, he'll keep doing it.

just my 2 cents

Dan

I don't know...I thinnk it was kind of funny...and he did have a couple good points and a couple stupid points...but I don't think I'll be seeing the new movie "Brokeback Mountain Bike" though... :rolleyes:

What ****** me off is his attitude and how it encourages radicals that already don't like cyclists to cross the line (no pun intended). I've seen it. I've had it happen to me. We ARE NOT blocking traffic because one person may be outside the bike lane when its a three lane road (like the one he specifically mentions). Does he really have to say all the names he did? He hides behind his mic like a chickenshit, calls people names and ridicules them, but when confronted, he won't own up- even on the radio. And YES I would say all of what I just did to his face if his friggin security guards would let me through!
I understand what he's saying about those that don't follow the laws, but his attitude does nothing to help cyclists as a whole, in fact it only feeds the animosity.

inSANe DIEGO said:
What ****** me off is his attitude and how it encourages radicals that already don't like cyclists to cross the line (no pun intended). I've seen it. I've had it happen to me. We ARE NOT blocking traffic because one person may be outside the bike lane when its a three lane road (like the one he specifically mentions). Does he really have to say all the names he did? He hides behind his mic like a chickenshit, calls people names and ridicules them, but when confronted, he won't own up- even on the radio. And YES I would say all of what I just did to his face if his friggin security guards would let me through!
I understand what he's saying about those that don't follow the laws, but his attitude does nothing to help cyclists as a whole, in fact it only feeds the animosity.
Three words: Car. Keys. Scratch.

You just need to find his car. :D

wheelist said:
Three words: Car. Keys. Scratch.

You just need to find his car. :D
Sugar works wonders as a gasoline additive too....

Disclaimer - this post is for entertainment purposes ONLY - if you do this and get in trouble I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE....

wheelist said:
Erm, isn't that Spanish slang for '******'? :confused:
shhh .... I was trying to keep my anger clean. Suitable slander for somebody from San Diego.