San Francisco to Santa Cruz

macwil

Aug 22, 2003
I plan on visiting San Francisco in late October, ride down to Santa Cruz. Does anyone know any good campgrounds or hostels in Santa Cruz?

Originally posted by macwil
I plan on visiting San Francisco in late October, ride down to Santa Cruz. Does anyone know any good campgrounds or hostels in Santa Cruz?

I lived in Santa Cruz for 15 years and there are many places to stay there.
New Brighton State Campgrounds are right there on the beach about a mile past Capitola.In Santa Cruz, the city, there is not much since it is all urban with lots of streets.
Gonna take Highway 1 down from 'Frisco?
While in Santa Cruz take a ride up to the University on top of a hill that overlooks Santa Cruz, very nice view.
Damn , i miss Santa Cruz alot. We moved to New Hampshire thinking we could save some money. What a mistake that was. This has to be the MOST Bike-unfriendliest place on earth i have seen. They all honk at you to tell you they are behind you. They all seem to have to say something rude or weird for seeing a guy wearing spandex and they all do not want to share the road one bit. The roads suck ass with Silver Dollar sized chunks of granite all over the shoulder and don't let me forget all the, what they call, frost-heaves, the rips,cracks and holes in the road from repeatedly being heated and cooled by the elements. Should i mention it snows here.
Enough of New Hampshire. Lots of cool places to go and see in Santa Cruz. If you want i can send you some links.

Oh man, that sounds rough about New Hampshire. Didn't think it would be that bad. I live in NY, and completely understand you about the bad streets, and the snow. It sucks.

Thank you, I'd really like to see any links you can send.

Cheers!!

Originally posted by macwil Hey Buddy
Why dont you contact here I'm in San Francisco Am @yahoo
Oh man, that sounds rough about New Hampshire. Didn't think it would be that bad. I live in NY, and completely understand you about the bad streets, and the snow. It sucks.

Thank you, I'd really like to see any links you can send.

Cheers!!