San Juan Trail Saturday July 9th

Bill Sornson

Guest
It's not totally a done deal yet, but looking good. Since I turn {#
withheld} just four days later, it might be my last chance to ride in
my...(hell, no one's gonna believe 30s!) whatever.

ANYWAY, we can reprise the LoSoCal/AM-B Birthday Gathering we had two (?)
years ago. Michael Paul is bringing a friend from AZ, and there will
probably be a number of San Diegans besides me.

Greg? JD? Chris? Slacker? (Mitch, you should come out a few days sooner
and do this ride! We'll come up with something for the NEXT Saturday, too.)

Trail head at...8? 8:30?

Stay tuned.

Bill "still young, dammit (well, immature at least)" S.

Bill Sornson wrote:
> It's not totally a done deal yet, but looking good. Since I turn {#
> withheld} just four days later, it might be my last chance to ride in
> my...(hell, no one's gonna believe 30s!) whatever.
>
> ANYWAY, we can reprise the LoSoCal/AM-B Birthday Gathering we had two (?)
> years ago. Michael Paul is bringing a friend from AZ, and there will
> probably be a number of San Diegans besides me.
>
> Greg? JD? Chris? Slacker? (Mitch, you should come out a few days sooner
> and do this ride! We'll come up with something for the NEXT Saturday, too.)
>
> Trail head at...8? 8:30?
>
> Stay tuned.
>
> Bill "still young, dammit (well, immature at least)" S.

I'm out for the 9th, but possibly in for the following Saturday.

JD

Bill Sornson wrote:
> It's not totally a done deal yet, but looking good. Since I turn {#
> withheld} just four days later, it might be my last chance to ride in
> my...(hell, no one's gonna believe 30s!) whatever.
>
> ANYWAY, we can reprise the LoSoCal/AM-B Birthday Gathering we had two (?)
> years ago. Michael Paul is bringing a friend from AZ, and there will
> probably be a number of San Diegans besides me.
>
> Greg? JD? Chris? Slacker? (Mitch, you should come out a few days sooner
> and do this ride! We'll come up with something for the NEXT Saturday, too.)
>
> Trail head at...8? 8:30?
>
> Stay tuned.
>
> Bill "still young, dammit (well, immature at least)" S.

I actually tried to come out on the 9th, but the boss said no. So, the
16th is my only Saturday :(. Too bad, I would have liked to give it
another try and see if I would be "less" scared on those exposures.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

"Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> It's not totally a done deal yet, but looking good. Since I turn {#
> withheld} just four days later, it might be my last chance to ride in
> my...(hell, no one's gonna believe 30s!) whatever.
>
> ANYWAY, we can reprise the LoSoCal/AM-B Birthday Gathering we had two (?)
> years ago. Michael Paul is bringing a friend from AZ, and there will
> probably be a number of San Diegans besides me.
>
> Greg? JD? Chris? Slacker? (Mitch, you should come out a few days
> sooner and do this ride! We'll come up with something for the NEXT
> Saturday, too.)
>
> Trail head at...8? 8:30?
>
> Stay tuned.
>
> Bill "still young, dammit (well, immature at least)" S.

I'll have to play it by ear. My wife is due with daughter #2 on the 23rd
but daughter #1 was a month early so I am glued to local rides/good cell
coverage for the moment. If something changes between now and then (baby
comes in the next couple of days) I will be there.

Start time might want to be moved up to 7:00, 7:30 unless we want a reprise
of our last ride out there. Some people like triple digit temperatures, but
having been out there AND reading Mr. Daniel's Moab post I prefer to stick
with the double digits.

CG

"Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> It's not totally a done deal yet, but looking good. Since I turn {#
> withheld} just four days later, it might be my last chance to ride in
> my...(hell, no one's gonna believe 30s!) whatever.
>
> ANYWAY, we can reprise the LoSoCal/AM-B Birthday Gathering we had two (?)
> years ago. Michael Paul is bringing a friend from AZ, and there will
> probably be a number of San Diegans besides me.
>
> Greg? JD? Chris? Slacker? (Mitch, you should come out a few days

sooner
> and do this ride! We'll come up with something for the NEXT Saturday,

too.)

I should be in barring any unforeseen obstacles. The shape I'm in I should
monkey it, though, especially if it's over 100.

Greg

G.T. wrote:
> "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> It's not totally a done deal yet, but looking good. Since I turn {#
>> withheld} just four days later, it might be my last chance to ride in
>> my...(hell, no one's gonna believe 30s!) whatever.
>>
>> ANYWAY, we can reprise the LoSoCal/AM-B Birthday Gathering we had
>> two (?) years ago. Michael Paul is bringing a friend from AZ, and
>> there will probably be a number of San Diegans besides me.
>>
>> Greg? JD? Chris? Slacker? (Mitch, you should come out a few days
>> sooner and do this ride! We'll come up with something for the NEXT
>> Saturday, too.)
>>

> I should be in barring any unforeseen obstacles. The shape I'm in I
> should monkey it, though, especially if it's over 100.

You ain't gonna monkey it. We'll start early...and you can time ME with a
sundial.

Should be fun!

"Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> G.T. wrote:
>> "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> It's not totally a done deal yet, but looking good. Since I turn {#
>>> withheld} just four days later, it might be my last chance to ride in
>>> my...(hell, no one's gonna believe 30s!) whatever.
>>>
>>> ANYWAY, we can reprise the LoSoCal/AM-B Birthday Gathering we had
>>> two (?) years ago. Michael Paul is bringing a friend from AZ, and
>>> there will probably be a number of San Diegans besides me.
>>>
>>> Greg? JD? Chris? Slacker? (Mitch, you should come out a few days
>>> sooner and do this ride! We'll come up with something for the NEXT
>>> Saturday, too.)
>>>

>> I should be in barring any unforeseen obstacles. The shape I'm in I
>> should monkey it, though, especially if it's over 100.

> You ain't gonna monkey it. We'll start early...and you can time ME with a
> sundial.
>
> Should be fun!

Don't sell yourself short old man. You aint that slow on the climbs.

Bill Sornson wrote:
> It's not totally a done deal yet, but looking good. Since I turn {#
> withheld} just four days later, it might be my last chance to ride in
> my...(hell, no one's gonna believe 30s!) whatever.
>
> ANYWAY, we can reprise the LoSoCal/AM-B Birthday Gathering we had two (?)
> years ago. Michael Paul is bringing a friend from AZ, and there will
> probably be a number of San Diegans besides me.
>
> Greg? JD? Chris? Slacker? (Mitch, you should come out a few days sooner
> and do this ride! We'll come up with something for the NEXT Saturday, too.)
>
> Trail head at...8? 8:30?
>
> Stay tuned.
>
> Bill "still young, dammit (well, immature at least)" S.

Ackkkk..... dang it... I'm out: have school on Sat's. I (in my "30's"
too!) just decided that it might be a good idea if I actually went to
college... for the first time in my life :-( :-( And this sure aint
helping with my girly figure ;-P

But let me wish you a very happy B-day now :)
--
Slack - very late bloomer

Chris Glidden wrote:
> "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>> We'll start early...and you can time ME with a sundial.

> Don't sell yourself short old man. You aint that slow on the climbs.

Just realized that was *3* years ago we did SJT -- I was still smoking
cigars (and cigar-like objects -- all legal), so I was SKINNY! Finally quit
the following December (27th, 9:30 AM, but who's counting?) and I swear I've
gotten /slower/ since then. SIGH.

Anyway, congrats on the impending Blessed Event II, Chris. Hope you can
make it but understand if not...

Bill "just a fat old roadie now" S.

Slack wrote:

> Ackkkk..... dang it... I'm out: have school on Sat's. I (in my "30's"
> too!) just decided that it might be a good idea if I actually went to
> college... for the first time in my life :-( :-( And this sure aint
> helping with my girly figure ;-P

Blow it off and come ride! (What, me responsible?!? ;-) ) Good man re.
school -- it takes /guts/ to go back "later" in life! (Gently put as
possible.)

> But let me wish you a very happy B-day now :)

Until the 13th, talk to the hand! :-D