Sandals with lots of cushioning/shock absorbance for heavy male?

William.R.Reise

Guest
Hi,

Please could someone recommend some sandals that have tons of good cushioning for a heavy male?

I walk quite a lot. I find that most shoes/boots/sandals/trainers don't have enough cushioning for
me so that I get sore ankles/knees/hips.

I find the best things for me when I go walking is a pair of Asics Gel Nimbus trainers. These have
an advanced cushioning system designed for heavy males when they go running.

I find that a lot of trainers/sandals' cushioning systems that I have tried "bottom out" when I
strike my heel when walking.

Ideally I would like to buy a pair of sandals that have a very good cushioning system similar to an
advanced pair of running shoes.

I am 14.5 stone, 203 pounds or 92kg My shoe size is UK13, US14 or Euro49. I have wide feet.

I bought a pair of sandals a couple of years ago that were branded "imac". The shop that I bought
them from said that they had stopped being made. I found these great in that they had a very thick
heel made from some kind of foam rubber/plastic. I tried buying some Timberland Sandals but I found
although they looked good they had the same "bottoming out" problem.

The only sandals I've found to be worth a darn are Chacos. Mine have Vibram soles, although iirc
they have other soles as well. The strap system ensures that my feet don't slip.

These things are so good that you can even use them for light backpacking.

Eddie Bauer has cushioned sandals for heavy guys.

news:[email protected]...

[email protected] (William.R.Reisen) wrote:

> I walk quite a lot. I find that most shoes/boots/sandals/trainers don't have enough cushioning for
> me so that I get sore ankles/knees/hips.
[...]
> I am 14.5 stone, 203 pounds or 92kg

Are you sure it's just the weight and not other biomechanical problems? In that case you might
benefit from prescription orthotics.

Henry

I second the opinion on Chaco's!! I trained and walked Avon's 60 mile Walk for Breast Cancer last
August in nothing but Chaco's and did awesome!

would folks please post MORE links to walking sandals? i LOVE being in sandals during the warm
months, but can't find any for walking!

--
read and post daily, it works! rosie

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the
president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the
American public." ........................................T.Roosevelt http://www.unitedforpeace.org
http://peaceflags.org

BLESS AND PROTECT OUR TROOPS! http://www.redcross.org/services/afes/

Ditto - the only ones that work well are Chaco sandals. www.chacosan.com. They have very contoured
footbeds that have arch support, and are also available in wide sizes.

"Rodney Boles" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The only sandals I've found to be worth a darn are Chacos. Mine have Vibram soles, although iirc
> they have other soles as well. The strap system ensures that my feet don't slip.
>
> These things are so good that you can even use them for light backpacking.

are you all advising that these sandals can be used for my two mile (4mph) walks?

--
read and post daily, it works! rosie

BREAKING NEWS: ..........unnamed white house sources, have reported that there are weapons of mass
destruction, somewhere, in the ottoman empire!

"Jazzguy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Ditto - the only ones that work well are Chaco sandals. www.chacosan.com. They have very contoured
> footbeds that have arch support, and are also available in wide sizes.
>

> "Rodney Boles" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > The only sandals I've found to be worth a darn are Chacos. Mine have Vibram soles, although iirc
> > they have other soles as well. The strap system ensures that my feet don't slip.
> >
> > These things are so good that you can even use them for light backpacking.

> > > I second the opinion on Chaco's!! I trained and walked Avon's 60 mile Walk for Breast Cancer
> > > last August in nothing but Chaco's and did awesome!
> >
> > That must have drawn some attention : )

LOL!