Sandy...bought it!

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Cat Dailey, Jan 18, 2006.

  1. Cat Dailey

    Cat Dailey Guest

    Sandy,

    Just wanted to let you know what I ended up buying:

    Giant TCR Advanced (non-integrated seattube) in the black/red Dura-Ace
    model. Took off all of the DA and gave it to the hubster and put all of my
    Record on it. Kept the Mavic Ksyrium ES wheels and swapped out the hub body
    for a Campy one.

    I narrowed it down to this frame and the Scott CR-1, and this one fit me
    better, has a lifetime warranty, and pleases my eye better.

    I gave up on the ISP bikes...I just couldn't get one, and in reality, if I
    want to fly with my bike, the ISP doesn't make sense.

    Thanks for all of your helpful suggestions,

    Cat the happy

    Tags:

  2. Sandy

    Sandy Guest

    Dans le message de news:[email protected],
    Cat Dailey <[email protected]> a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
    > Sandy,
    >
    > Just wanted to let you know what I ended up buying:
    >
    > Giant TCR Advanced (non-integrated seattube) in the black/red Dura-Ace
    > model. Took off all of the DA and gave it to the hubster and put all
    > of my Record on it. Kept the Mavic Ksyrium ES wheels and swapped out
    > the hub body for a Campy one.
    >
    > I narrowed it down to this frame and the Scott CR-1, and this one fit
    > me better, has a lifetime warranty, and pleases my eye better.
    >
    > I gave up on the ISP bikes...I just couldn't get one, and in reality,
    > if I want to fly with my bike, the ISP doesn't make sense.
    >
    > Thanks for all of your helpful suggestions,
    >
    > Cat the happy

    I'm happy you're happy. I gave you the references with no endorsement. You
    may recall I wrote about them skeptically about such a choice. But you
    wanted information, not recommendations.

    Why the purchase of a whole bike instead of a frameset ? To offload the old
    one with a spanking new group to sell it more easily ? And of course, your
    exquisite judgment kept you in the Campa camp. (Not an invitation for
    disputes, just my orientation.)

    Did you keep your Christmas tree up long enough to make it a jolly occasion
    ?

    Me, I'm off on a training rain ride in half an hour on my Frankenstein bike
    (assorted good stuff on a new five euro Kinesis frame). So let's have some
    reports on what you find when you get some mileage on it ...

    --
    Sandy
    --

  3. Cat Dailey

    Cat Dailey Guest

    "Sandy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Dans le message de news:[email protected],
    > Cat Dailey <[email protected]> a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
    >> Sandy,
    >>
    >> Just wanted to let you know what I ended up buying:
    >>
    >> Giant TCR Advanced (non-integrated seattube) in the black/red Dura-Ace
    >> model. Took off all of the DA and gave it to the hubster and put all
    >> of my Record on it. Kept the Mavic Ksyrium ES wheels and swapped out
    >> the hub body for a Campy one.
    >>
    >> I narrowed it down to this frame and the Scott CR-1, and this one fit
    >> me better, has a lifetime warranty, and pleases my eye better.
    >>
    >> I gave up on the ISP bikes...I just couldn't get one, and in reality,
    >> if I want to fly with my bike, the ISP doesn't make sense.
    >>
    >> Thanks for all of your helpful suggestions,
    >>
    >> Cat the happy

    > I'm happy you're happy. I gave you the references with no endorsement.
    > You may recall I wrote about them skeptically about such a choice. But
    > you wanted information, not recommendations.
    >
    > Why the purchase of a whole bike instead of a frameset ? To offload the
    > old one with a spanking new group to sell it more easily ? And of course,
    > your exquisite judgment kept you in the Campa camp. (Not an invitation
    > for disputes, just my orientation.)

    ***Had to. This bike is so hard to come by that Giant is not selling
    frame/fork only in the US. The Hubster has an old Dura-Ace 9 sp group, and
    he wanted a 10 sp group anyway, so he got his parts, I got my frame/fork and
    some cool wheels in the bargain ;> And I wholeheartedly agree w/your Campy
    orientation ;>

    > Did you keep your Christmas tree up long enough to make it a jolly
    > occasion ?

    ***Everyday of my life is like Christmas...I don't really need the tree ;>

    > Me, I'm off on a training rain ride in half an hour on my Frankenstein
    > bike (assorted good stuff on a new five euro Kinesis frame). So let's
    > have some reports on what you find when you get some mileage on it ...
    >

    > --
    > Sandy

    ***Will do. I'll have it out over the next 4 days for some nice rides, so
    I'll let you know!
    And thanks again for all of the info.

    Cat