Santa Ana Mountain Ride - Website Update

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Bill Porter, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Bill Porter

    Bill Porter Guest

    Howdy All, Last weekend I did an Orange County, CA ride that was a truckload of fun. I rode up the
    Trabuco Canyon trail up to the Main Divide Truck Trail and then over to the Holy Jim Trail. This
    trail was a climbers delight with a strenous 5.5 mile climb up Trabuco followed by around 7 to 8
    miles of roller coaster style riding across the ridgelines of the Santa Ana Mountains over to the
    top of the Holy Jim trail. Holy Jim was all downhill in the direction we were going and we enjoyed
    the just under 5 mile descent back to the truck.

    You can check out the entire review in the Orange County section of my website
    (www.mountainbikebill.com). There are 3 webpages that cover the entire thing.

    Holy Jim Trabuco Trabuco to Holy Jim Loop

    I also shot some video but it will be sometime before I have it down.

    Bill Porter www.mountainbikebill.com

    Tags:

  2. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    Bill Porter wrote:
    > Howdy All, Last weekend I did an Orange County, CA ride that was a truckload of fun. I rode up the
    > Trabuco Canyon trail up to the Main Divide Truck Trail and then over to the Holy Jim Trail. This
    > trail was a climbers delight with a strenous 5.5 mile climb up Trabuco followed by around 7 to 8
    > miles of roller coaster style riding across the ridgelines of the Santa Ana Mountains over to the
    > top of the Holy Jim trail. Holy Jim was all downhill in the direction we were going and we enjoyed
    > the just under 5 mile descent back to the truck.
    >
    > You can check out the entire review in the Orange County section of my website
    > (www.mountainbikebill.com). There are 3 webpages that cover the entire thing.
    >
    > Holy Jim Trabuco Trabuco to Holy Jim Loop
    >
    > I also shot some video but it will be sometime before I have it down.

    Holy Jim and Joplin are the best trails in the Santa Anas. SJT may be longer, but Holy Jim and
    Joplin are way more fun.

    Greg

  3. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    "Bill Porter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Howdy All, Last weekend I did an Orange County, CA ride that was a truckload of
    fun.
    > I rode up the Trabuco Canyon trail up to the Main Divide Truck Trail and then over to the Holy Jim
    > Trail. This trail was a climbers delight with a strenous 5.5 mile climb up Trabuco followed by
    > around 7 to 8 miles of roller coaster style riding across the ridgelines of the Santa Ana
    > Mountains over to the top of the Holy Jim trail. Holy Jim was all downhill in the direction we
    > were going and we enjoyed the just under 5 mile descent back to the truck.
    >
    > You can check out the entire review in the Orange County section of my website
    > (www.mountainbikebill.com). There are 3 webpages that cover the entire thing.
    >
    > Holy Jim Trabuco Trabuco to Holy Jim Loop
    >
    > I also shot some video but it will be sometime before I have it down.
    >
    > Bill Porter www.mountainbikebill.com

    Drool!

    Must get my arse over to the U.S. one of these days. Good site - thanks!

    Andy Chequer

  4. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > Bill Porter wrote:
    > > Howdy All, Last weekend I did an Orange County, CA ride that was a truckload of
    fun.
    > > I rode up the Trabuco Canyon trail up to the Main Divide Truck Trail and then over to the Holy
    > > Jim Trail. This trail was a climbers delight with a strenous 5.5 mile climb up Trabuco followed
    > > by around 7 to 8 miles of roller coaster style riding across the ridgelines of the Santa Ana
    > > Mountains over to the top of the Holy Jim trail. Holy Jim was all downhill in the direction we
    > > were going and we enjoyed the just under 5 mile descent back to the truck.
    > >
    > > You can check out the entire review in the Orange County section of my website
    > > (www.mountainbikebill.com). There are 3 webpages that cover the entire thing.
    > >
    > > Holy Jim Trabuco Trabuco to Holy Jim Loop
    > >
    > > I also shot some video but it will be sometime before I have it down.
    > >

    > Holy Jim and Joplin are the best trails in the Santa Anas. SJT may be longer, but Holy Jim and
    > Joplin are way more fun.
    >
    > Greg

    You guys just reminded me how much I want to check out those two trails.
    --
    Slacker

  5. Bill Porter

    Bill Porter Guest

    On Sat, 30 Nov 2002 04:41:02 GMT, "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Holy Jim and Joplin are the best trails in the Santa Anas. SJT may be longer, but Holy Jim and
    >Joplin are way more fun.

    Holy Jim certainly has more diverse terrain. I think I would have to agree with you on the fun
    factor being higher for Holy Jim.

    I have not done Joplin yet. From what I here is just about a downhill only route. Is that ture?

    Bill Porter www.mountainbikebill.com

  6. Jd

    Jd Guest

    > "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Bill Porter wrote:
    > > > Howdy All, Last weekend I did an Orange County, CA ride that was a truckload of
    > fun.
    > > > I rode up the Trabuco Canyon trail up to the Main Divide Truck Trail and then over to the Holy
    > > > Jim Trail. This trail was a climbers delight with a strenous 5.5 mile climb up Trabuco
    > > > followed by around 7 to 8 miles of roller coaster style riding across the ridgelines of the
    > > > Santa Ana Mountains over to the top of the Holy Jim trail. Holy Jim was all downhill in the
    > > > direction we were going and we enjoyed the just under 5 mile descent back to the truck.
    > > >
    > > > You can check out the entire review in the Orange County section of my website
    > > > (www.mountainbikebill.com). There are 3 webpages that cover the entire thing.
    > > >
    > > > Holy Jim Trabuco Trabuco to Holy Jim Loop
    > > >
    > > > I also shot some video but it will be sometime before I have it down.
    > > >

    > > Holy Jim and Joplin are the best trails in the Santa Anas. SJT may be longer, but Holy Jim and
    > > Joplin are way more fun.

    Sounds like a plan Greg.

    > You guys just reminded me how much I want to check out those two trails.

    Why? They aren't lift served.

    JD

  7. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    Bill Porter wrote:
    > On Sat, 30 Nov 2002 04:41:02 GMT, "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>Holy Jim and Joplin are the best trails in the Santa Anas. SJT may be longer, but Holy Jim and
    >>Joplin are way more fun.
    >>

    > Holy Jim certainly has more diverse terrain. I think I would have to agree with you on the fun
    > factor being higher for Holy Jim.
    >
    > I have not done Joplin yet. From what I here is just about a downhill only route. Is that ture?

    It's got a really good drop in elevation so from Old Camp up to the road it would be a hike-a-bike.
    Normally we go up Harding Truck Trail and down Joplin with the option of heading over to the top of
    Santiago Peak.

    Greg

  8. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > > You guys just reminded me how much I want to check out those two trails.
    >
    > Why? They aren't lift served.
    >
    > JD

    Well then, I'll just have to down a sixer of the dew before I start the
    climb.
    --
    Slacker

  9. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    > > > You guys just reminded me how much I want to check out those two
    trails.

    > > Why? They aren't lift served.
    > >
    > > JD
    >
    > Well then, I'll just have to down a sixer of the dew before I start the
    > climb.
    > --
    > Slacker

    Hehehehe...that oughta dew it!

    Mike

  10. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > trails.
    > > >
    > > > Why? They aren't lift served.
    > > >
    > > > JD
    > >
    > > Well then, I'll just have to down a sixer of the dew before I start the
    > > climb.
    > > --
    > > Slacker
    > >

    > Hehehehe...that oughta dew it!