Santa Ana Mountain Ride - Website Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bill Porter

Howdy All, Last weekend I did an Orange County, CA ride that was a truckload of fun. I rode up the
Trabuco Canyon trail up to the Main Divide Truck Trail and then over to the Holy Jim Trail. This
trail was a climbers delight with a strenous 5.5 mile climb up Trabuco followed by around 7 to 8
miles of roller coaster style riding across the ridgelines of the Santa Ana Mountains over to the
top of the Holy Jim trail. Holy Jim was all downhill in the direction we were going and we enjoyed
the just under 5 mile descent back to the truck.

You can check out the entire review in the Orange County section of my website
(www.mountainbikebill.com). There are 3 webpages that cover the entire thing.

Holy Jim Trabuco Trabuco to Holy Jim Loop

I also shot some video but it will be sometime before I have it down.

Bill Porter www.mountainbikebill.com

Bill Porter wrote:
> Howdy All, Last weekend I did an Orange County, CA ride that was a truckload of fun. I rode up the
> Trabuco Canyon trail up to the Main Divide Truck Trail and then over to the Holy Jim Trail. This
> trail was a climbers delight with a strenous 5.5 mile climb up Trabuco followed by around 7 to 8
> miles of roller coaster style riding across the ridgelines of the Santa Ana Mountains over to the
> top of the Holy Jim trail. Holy Jim was all downhill in the direction we were going and we enjoyed
> the just under 5 mile descent back to the truck.
>
> You can check out the entire review in the Orange County section of my website
> (www.mountainbikebill.com). There are 3 webpages that cover the entire thing.
>
> Holy Jim Trabuco Trabuco to Holy Jim Loop
>
> I also shot some video but it will be sometime before I have it down.
>

Holy Jim and Joplin are the best trails in the Santa Anas. SJT may be longer, but Holy Jim and
Joplin are way more fun.

Greg

--
"Destroy your safe and happy lives before it is too late, the battles we fought were long and hard,
just not to be consumed by rock n' roll..." - The Mekons

"Bill Porter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Howdy All, Last weekend I did an Orange County, CA ride that was a truckload of
fun.
> I rode up the Trabuco Canyon trail up to the Main Divide Truck Trail and then over to the Holy Jim
> Trail. This trail was a climbers delight with a strenous 5.5 mile climb up Trabuco followed by
> around 7 to 8 miles of roller coaster style riding across the ridgelines of the Santa Ana
> Mountains over to the top of the Holy Jim trail. Holy Jim was all downhill in the direction we
> were going and we enjoyed the just under 5 mile descent back to the truck.
>
> You can check out the entire review in the Orange County section of my website
> (www.mountainbikebill.com). There are 3 webpages that cover the entire thing.
>
> Holy Jim Trabuco Trabuco to Holy Jim Loop
>
> I also shot some video but it will be sometime before I have it down.
>
> Bill Porter www.mountainbikebill.com

Drool!

Must get my **** over to the U.S. one of these days. Good site - thanks!

Andy Chequer

"G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Bill Porter wrote:
> > Howdy All, Last weekend I did an Orange County, CA ride that was a truckload of
fun.
> > I rode up the Trabuco Canyon trail up to the Main Divide Truck Trail and then over to the Holy
> > Jim Trail. This trail was a climbers delight with a strenous 5.5 mile climb up Trabuco followed
> > by around 7 to 8 miles of roller coaster style riding across the ridgelines of the Santa Ana
> > Mountains over to the top of the Holy Jim trail. Holy Jim was all downhill in the direction we
> > were going and we enjoyed the just under 5 mile descent back to the truck.
> >
> > You can check out the entire review in the Orange County section of my website
> > (www.mountainbikebill.com). There are 3 webpages that cover the entire thing.
> >
> > Holy Jim Trabuco Trabuco to Holy Jim Loop
> >
> > I also shot some video but it will be sometime before I have it down.
> >
>
> Holy Jim and Joplin are the best trails in the Santa Anas. SJT may be longer, but Holy Jim and
> Joplin are way more fun.
>
> Greg

You guys just reminded me how much I want to check out those two trails.
--
Slacker

On Sat, 30 Nov 2002 04:41:02 GMT, "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote:

>Holy Jim and Joplin are the best trails in the Santa Anas. SJT may be longer, but Holy Jim and
>Joplin are way more fun.
>
Holy Jim certainly has more diverse terrain. I think I would have to agree with you on the fun
factor being higher for Holy Jim.

I have not done Joplin yet. From what I here is just about a downhill only route. Is that ture?

Bill Porter www.mountainbikebill.com

"Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Bill Porter wrote:
> > > Howdy All, Last weekend I did an Orange County, CA ride that was a truckload of
> fun.
> > > I rode up the Trabuco Canyon trail up to the Main Divide Truck Trail and then over to the Holy
> > > Jim Trail. This trail was a climbers delight with a strenous 5.5 mile climb up Trabuco
> > > followed by around 7 to 8 miles of roller coaster style riding across the ridgelines of the
> > > Santa Ana Mountains over to the top of the Holy Jim trail. Holy Jim was all downhill in the
> > > direction we were going and we enjoyed the just under 5 mile descent back to the truck.
> > >
> > > You can check out the entire review in the Orange County section of my website
> > > (www.mountainbikebill.com). There are 3 webpages that cover the entire thing.
> > >
> > > Holy Jim Trabuco Trabuco to Holy Jim Loop
> > >
> > > I also shot some video but it will be sometime before I have it down.
> > >
> >
> > Holy Jim and Joplin are the best trails in the Santa Anas. SJT may be longer, but Holy Jim and
> > Joplin are way more fun.

Sounds like a plan Greg.

> You guys just reminded me how much I want to check out those two trails.

Why? They aren't lift served.

JD

Bill Porter wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Nov 2002 04:41:02 GMT, "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
>>Holy Jim and Joplin are the best trails in the Santa Anas. SJT may be longer, but Holy Jim and
>>Joplin are way more fun.
>>
>
> Holy Jim certainly has more diverse terrain. I think I would have to agree with you on the fun
> factor being higher for Holy Jim.
>
> I have not done Joplin yet. From what I here is just about a downhill only route. Is that ture?
>

It's got a really good drop in elevation so from Old Camp up to the road it would be a hike-a-bike.
Normally we go up Harding Truck Trail and down Joplin with the option of heading over to the top of
Santiago Peak.

Greg
--
"Destroy your safe and happy lives before it is too late, the battles we fought were long and hard,
just not to be consumed by rock n' roll..." - The Mekons

> > You guys just reminded me how much I want to check out those two trails.
>
> Why? They aren't lift served.
>
> JD

Well then, I'll just have to down a sixer of the dew before I start the
climb.
--
Slacker

"Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > You guys just reminded me how much I want to check out those two
trails.
> >
> > Why? They aren't lift served.
> >
> > JD
>
> Well then, I'll just have to down a sixer of the dew before I start the
> climb.
> --
> Slacker
>
>

Hehehehe...that oughta dew it!

Mike

"Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
> "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > > > You guys just reminded me how much I want to check out those two
> trails.
> > >
> > > Why? They aren't lift served.
> > >
> > > JD
> >
> > Well then, I'll just have to down a sixer of the dew before I start the
> > climb.