Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Santa Cruz Heckler Question

Started by Hkek · · Last activity · 1 post · 1,465 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
28 September 2003
Last activity
28 September 2003
Original author
Hkek
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,465
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Anyone have a similar experience?

    One thing that I found (and otherwise would never have, without a test ride) -- my ankles and/or
    shoes sometimes hit the seatstays on the Heckler. I think the Bullit must be the same.

    The seatstays and chainstays get very wide moving from the pivot back to the rear axle. I measured
    the width as 7" total. The Blur measures 6.5" (or a 1/4" narrower on each side). My Jamis measures
    only 6" wide.

    My feet do not have any noticeable splay in or out but they somehow did smack the frame a few times
    to the point that there was a bit of pain in my ankles after a short "parking lot" ride. I would
    probably have to move into higher shoes or some sort of ankle protection. Seems pretty dumb.

    At a minimum, the frame is going to get buffed and scratched in that area continually. The bike at
    the shop was already marked up in that contact area (probably from others as well). Probably more so
    from people riding with the platform pedals (I had them put my SPDs on the bike).

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.