Santa Cruz warranty

Oedipus Thorpe

Guest
Anyone ever have to deal with Santa Cruz warranty claims? How long they take? I have a Bullit in
there for about 2 weeks and haven't heard a word from them. No email reply, no VM reply....just
wondering how long I should wait before personally driving over there and knocking on their door.

Funny, when you have cold, hard cash to buy a NEW frame, stuff moves at the speed of light.

ot

"The future is here. It's just not widely distributed yet." -- William Gibson

After one year on my Superlight I broke the rear swing arm where it clamps around the pivot. The
owner of the LBS where I bought it said he had to fight tooth and nail to get them to replace the
swing arm.

A guy I know who used to work at SC said he was shocked they replaced it at all.

The bike is great, but I would be hesitant to buy another one. When I cracked the frame on my
Serotta it got fixed with absolutely no hassles.

Will

gopherhockey <[email protected]> writes:

> oedipus thorpe wrote:
> > * Funny, when you have cold, hard cash to buy a NEW frame, stuff moves at the speed of light.
> >
> > *
>
> SPeed of light? I hear there is still a 4-6 week backlog on the Blur (if one is lucky) - and if
> one orders an anno frame, it can be twice that timeframe.
>
> Sorry, a little off your original question - I just wonder if the whole Blur thing is what the
> magazines are saying, or if it is just hype...
>
> I have a friend who owns a superlight and has had warranty work done by a LBS... never anything
> serious like a frame crack or the like, but the shop seemed to fix things fairly promptly for him.
>

> --
> gopherhockey
>
> *saturday, april 6, 2002*;- xcel energy center (att: 19,324)- 1st per: ballard 10 (riddle,
> angell), 7:18 (pp); 2nd per: pohl 27 (anthony, angell), 5:38; 3rd per: koalska 10 (riddle, pohl),
> 19:07; ot: potulny 15 (pohl, leopold), 16:58 (pp)
> East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

I recently had my bullit rear triangle replaced under "no fault warranty" and it took 3-4 weeks for
me to hear anything form them. But once they got it they called me right away and had it back to me
within a week.