Santa Cruz warranty

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Oedipus Thorpe, Mar 10, 2003.

  1. Anyone ever have to deal with Santa Cruz warranty claims? How long they take? I have a Bullit in
    there for about 2 weeks and haven't heard a word from them. No email reply, no VM reply....just
    wondering how long I should wait before personally driving over there and knocking on their door.

    Funny, when you have cold, hard cash to buy a NEW frame, stuff moves at the speed of light.

    ot

    "The future is here. It's just not widely distributed yet." -- William Gibson

    Tags:

  2. After one year on my Superlight I broke the rear swing arm where it clamps around the pivot. The
    owner of the LBS where I bought it said he had to fight tooth and nail to get them to replace the
    swing arm.

    A guy I know who used to work at SC said he was shocked they replaced it at all.

    The bike is great, but I would be hesitant to buy another one. When I cracked the frame on my
    Serotta it got fixed with absolutely no hassles.

    Will

    gopherhockey <[email protected]> writes:

    > oedipus thorpe wrote:
    > > * Funny, when you have cold, hard cash to buy a NEW frame, stuff moves at the speed of light.
    > >
    > > *
    >
    > SPeed of light? I hear there is still a 4-6 week backlog on the Blur (if one is lucky) - and if
    > one orders an anno frame, it can be twice that timeframe.
    >
    > Sorry, a little off your original question - I just wonder if the whole Blur thing is what the
    > magazines are saying, or if it is just hype...
    >
    > I have a friend who owns a superlight and has had warranty work done by a LBS... never anything
    > serious like a frame crack or the like, but the shop seemed to fix things fairly promptly for him.
    >

    > --
    > gopherhockey
    >
    > *saturday, april 6, 2002*;- xcel energy center (att: 19,324)- 1st per: ballard 10 (riddle,
    > angell), 7:18 (pp); 2nd per: pohl 27 (anthony, angell), 5:38; 3rd per: koalska 10 (riddle, pohl),
    > 19:07; ot: potulny 15 (pohl, leopold), 16:58 (pp)
    > East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

  3. Imiles5577

    Imiles5577 Guest

    I recently had my bullit rear triangle replaced under "no fault warranty" and it took 3-4 weeks for
    me to hear anything form them. But once they got it they called me right away and had it back to me
    within a week.