Recumbent bicycles · Public discussion

Santa Monica-Easter-Bent Riders and Rides?

Started by Lyndon · · Last activity · 5 posts · 1,094 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Recumbent bicycles
Published
11 April 2003
Last activity
14 April 2003
Original author
Lyndon
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,094
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I will be visiting my brother for the Easter Weekend, from Thursday, April 17 to Monday, April 21st.
    I would greatly appreciate any local 'bent riders who would be willing to let me try different
    'bents and also local short rides. Helen's Cycles is the LBS for my brother's area in Santa Monica.
    Thanks, Lyndon Salt Lake City

  2. Helen's may still carry a couple of bents; if the C-dale is available and they may still carry
    Burleys. Check out the "Bicycle Workshop" in Santa Monica or make the 35 mi trip to "People Movers"
    in Orange to test ride different bents. It will be much more productive than trying to hook up with
    people who may be different height, custom equiped, etc. Good luck, Bruce - Nobody rides a bent in
    LA - Shannahoff

    [email hidden] (Lyndon) wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    I will be visiting my brother for the Easter Weekend, from Thursday, April 17 to Monday, April
    21st. I would greatly appreciate any local 'bent riders who would be willing to let me try
    different 'bents and also local short rides. Helen's Cycles is the LBS for my brother's area in
    Santa Monica. Thanks, Lyndon Salt Lake City

  3. Thanks, Bruce. There was another bike shop called Tri-Zombies, which was focused on Triathletes, and
    their bikes. It had a great ambience for a small shop. I will also have to stop by SuperGo, which is
    a fun madhouse to see that many bikers, and that much gear available. I remember trying to score a
    VooDoo Tour DF there, when VooDoo folded. And I remember when I was in town and their promise of
    having Mario Cippolini stop by and visit didn't happen. Typical. Lyndon Salt Lake City

  4. Every third sunday morning at IIRC Lane park in the center of Marina Del Rey a group of bent riders
    gather to shoot the breeze for an hour or so before riding the shoreside bike path.

  5. There is a 'bent bike shop on Ocean Park between 16th and 17th street. Bicycle Workshop 1638 Ocean
    Park Blvd. Santa Monica, CA 90405
    (310)450-3180
    (311)450-5712 Contact: Victor

    also in Orange County, and much bigger People Movers 980 N. Main St. Orange, CA 92867
    (312) 633-3663 Contact: Jim Wronski

    Both have websites look at the links at haluzak.comCalifornia.htm

    Snowman Haluzak Hybrid Horizon 2002 Los Angeles

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.