SantaCruz Bullit

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Giova, Apr 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Giova

Giova Guest

Hi all, I would like to buy a santa cruz bullit with fr kit ( I don't remember the specs but should
    be with hidraulic disc brakes, rs boxxer race fork). Where online could I look for a new one? I
    found cambriabike as online reseller, do you know others? Does anyone owns a bullit? As I will use
    it also as a substitute for my scooter, is it a good going on asphalt? Thank you all

Tags:

2. G.T.

G.T. Guest

Giova' wrote:
    > Hi all, I would like to buy a santa cruz bullit with fr kit ( I don't remember the specs but
    > should be with hidraulic disc brakes, rs boxxer race fork). Where online could I look for a new
    > one? I found cambriabike as online reseller, do you know others? Does anyone owns a bullit? As I
    > will use it also as a substitute for my scooter, is it a good going on asphalt?

Yeah, asphalt is the only place it is good for.

Greg
    --
    "Destroy your safe and happy lives before it is too late, the battles we fought were long and hard,
    just not to be consumed by rock n' roll..." - The Mekons

3. Giova

Giova Guest

On 6-04-2003 11:54, in article [email protected], "G.T."
    <[email protected]> wrote:

> Giova' wrote:
    >> Hi all, I would like to buy a santa cruz bullit with fr kit ( I don't remember the specs but
    >> should be with hidraulic disc brakes, rs boxxer race fork). Where online could I look for a new
    >> one? I found cambriabike as online reseller, do you know others? Does anyone owns a bullit? As I
    >> will use it also as a substitute for my scooter, is it a good going on asphalt?
    >
    > Yeah, asphalt is the only place it is good for.
    >
    > Greg

Bleahh, don¹t tell that!!!

4. Jimbo

Jimbo Guest

Giova' wrote:

> On 6-04-2003 11:54, in article [email protected], "G.T."
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Giova' wrote:
    > >> Hi all, I would like to buy a santa cruz bullit with fr kit ( I don't remember the specs but
    > >> should be with hidraulic disc brakes, rs boxxer race fork). Where online could I look for a new
    > >> one? I found cambriabike as online reseller, do you know others? Does anyone owns a bullit? As
    > >> I will use it also as a substitute for my scooter, is it a good going on asphalt?
    > >
    > > Yeah, asphalt is the only place it is good for.
    > >
    > > Greg
    >
    > Bleahh, don¹t tell that!!!

Well you could expect that answer from someone who neither owns one nor has ridden one... I guess
    the anti hype can be as strong as the hype camp... I own a Bullit and it is a good bike.... A little
    expensive to buy for a substitute but it's your money. You might try www.speedgoat.com if you want
    to buy the bike online.

Jimbo(san)

5. Giova

Giova Guest

On 6-04-2003 15:56, in article [email protected], "jimbo(san)"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

> www.speedgoat.com
    I'll tell you the thruth: I like the heavy motocross looking bikes; I was in colorado and saw a
    rocky mountain rm7 2002 in a shop and went crazy, I was close to buy it for $
    2.700.My friends they all told me to buy a santa cruz but, as for the use I'm gonna do, would be
    better a xc bike as, mostly, I'll use it on road. During a trip to california I saw a bullet
    in a shop in santa barbara together with lot of kona bikes and I liked the bullit a lot. I
    like that hand made feel they can inspire, more than kona but the rm7 is still one of my
    favourites. Stated and accepted that I don't need a full fr bike but I like it, better the
    bullit than the rm7. I will eventually start to use it on road just like I use my scooter to
    go work (3 miles down and 3 up) and then, after summer, maybe some offroad. I always read very
    well about the bullit, not the same for rm7. Here in italy the bullit costs a lot, I'll have
    someone in usa to buy one for me, I don't know if for those money there is something better,
    just think that in italy, for about 3.000 bucks I would have bought a scott g zero fx10 that
    is light years away from the bullit, with the same money, maybe a couple hundred bucks more, I
    could have the bullit with fr kit, not a bad choice uh?

6. Jd

Jd Guest

"G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Giova' wrote:
    > > Hi all, I would like to buy a santa cruz bullit with fr kit ( I don't remember the specs but
    > > should be with hidraulic disc brakes, rs boxxer race fork). Where online could I look for a new
    > > one? I found cambriabike as online reseller, do you know others? Does anyone owns a bullit? As I
    > > will use it also as a substitute for my scooter, is it a good going on asphalt?
    >
    > Yeah, asphalt is the only place it is good for.

Overbuilt to make up for lack of design and inferior fabrication/materials. Yeah, asphalt.

JD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.