Saracen Rufftrax

Martin Bulmer

Guest
Any of you off-roaders know if a Saracen Rufftrax bike is any good? Only
there's one I've seen in a nearby hedge bottom....

--

Martin Bulmer

"Martin Bulmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Any of you off-roaders know if a Saracen Rufftrax bike is any good? Only
> there's one I've seen in a nearby hedge bottom....

Have you reported it to the police? It might be stolen.

"Martin Bulmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Any of you off-roaders know if a Saracen Rufftrax bike is any good? Only
> there's one I've seen in a nearby hedge bottom....
>
> --
>

> Martin Bulmer

I have one ... mine must be about 1996 ... basic plain vanilla "mountain
bike" - fit for purpose (it's the hack I lend to visitors that want to cycle
and they seem happy with it)

RG

Martin Bulmer wrote:
> Any of you off-roaders know if a Saracen Rufftrax bike is any good? Only
> there's one I've seen in a nearby hedge bottom....

My brother had a /Tuff/trax. It was pretty good... for a 1980s MTB. I
think it was about £300 back then, would be worth about 300 pence today.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

vernon wrote:
> "Martin Bulmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Any of you off-roaders know if a Saracen Rufftrax bike is any good?
>> Only there's one I've seen in a nearby hedge bottom....
>>

> Have you reported it to the police? It might be stolen.

Good point, never thought of that. It hadn't been ridden there - only one
tyre. Well, there was another one but it was far too small, so It certainly
looked as if someone was trying to dispose of it. Funny, though, it was
propped up all neat and tidy. It hadn't just been thrown there.
--

Martin Bulmer

Martin Bulmer wrote:
> Any of you off-roaders know if a Saracen Rufftrax bike is any good? Only
> there's one I've seen in a nearby hedge bottom....

Mine isn't!

heavy, runner/plastic suspension at front end, crappy shifters