saracen

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Russnlee, Jan 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Russnlee

Russnlee Guest

hi all I ve been given a cycle a Saracen 21gear mountain bike,its in good condition but the pedal
    crank is wobbly probably needs new bbs,the problem is I cant get the bloody thing off. russ

Tags:

2. K. B. Rook

K. B. Rook Guest

russnlee wrote:
    >
    > hi all I ve been given a cycle a Saracen 21gear mountain bike,its in good condition but the pedal
    > crank is wobbly probably needs new bbs,the problem is I cant get the bloody thing off. russ

Can't get WHICH bloody thing off? The pedal, the crank arm or the bottom bracket?

3. A Muzi

A Muzi Guest

"russnlee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > hi all I ve been given a cycle a Saracen 21gear mountain bike,its in good condition but the pedal
    > crank is wobbly probably needs new bbs,the problem is I cant get the bloody thing off.

I'm not sure what you're describing. You cannot remove the crank? You cannot undo a normal lockring?
    You cannot remove a cartridge retaining ring?

We can offer suggestions one we know what you're trying to acomplish
    --
    Andrew Muzi http://www.yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1 April 1971

4. Tbgibb

Tbgibb Guest

In article <[email protected]>, "russnlee"
    <[email protected]> writes:

> I ve been given a cycle a Saracen 21gear mountain bike,its in good condition but the pedal crank
    > is wobbly probably needs new bbs,the problem is I cant get the bloody thing off.

If it has blood on it you really need to disinfect it first. 10% bleach will do the job.

What is loose (what part, the pedal the crank or?) and what needs removed?

Tom Gibb <[email protected]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.