saracen

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Russnlee, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. Russnlee

    Russnlee Guest

    hi all I ve been given a cycle a Saracen 21gear mountain bike,its in good condition but the pedal
    crank is wobbly probably needs new bbs,the problem is I cant get the bloody thing off. russ

    Tags:

  2. K. B. Rook

    K. B. Rook Guest

    russnlee wrote:

    > hi all I ve been given a cycle a Saracen 21gear mountain bike,its in good condition but the pedal
    > crank is wobbly probably needs new bbs,the problem is I cant get the bloody thing off. russ

    Can't get WHICH bloody thing off? The pedal, the crank arm or the bottom bracket?

  3. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "russnlee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > hi all I ve been given a cycle a Saracen 21gear mountain bike,its in good condition but the pedal
    > crank is wobbly probably needs new bbs,the problem is I cant get the bloody thing off.

    I'm not sure what you're describing. You cannot remove the crank? You cannot undo a normal lockring?
    You cannot remove a cartridge retaining ring?

    We can offer suggestions one we know what you're trying to acomplish

  4. Tbgibb

    Tbgibb Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, "russnlee"
    <[email protected]> writes:

    > I ve been given a cycle a Saracen 21gear mountain bike,its in good condition but the pedal crank
    > is wobbly probably needs new bbs,the problem is I cant get the bloody thing off.

    If it has blood on it you really need to disinfect it first. 10% bleach will do the job.

    What is loose (what part, the pedal the crank or?) and what needs removed?

    Tom Gibb <[email protected]